Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cycling clothes/gear for very young children
  • hopsgirl
    Free Member

I know it’s been asked before and I’ve seen people taking the piss and saying what do tiny kids need bike specific gear for but they do…

My 4yr old daughter has been riding since just before her 4th birthday and she is now onto the green route at Glentress plus she cycles nearly 2 miles to nursery (and back again). I would like to get her padded thermal/winter legging as it’s often cold and raining and she gets a sore bum and I also need gloves for her as their hands get freezing in the winter on their bikes- last year my son wore ski gloves but he couldn’t control his bike or brake properly and ordinary gloves are not warm enough or padded enough. Problem is my daughter is tiny (about 2-3 size) and her hands are minute- like wee baby hands but really thin!

Does anyone have any idea what she could wear?

ziggy
    Free Member

When my lad was that age we used to put his smallest jeans on and then put on some trackies on top to keep the legs warm, or waterproofs over trackies.

Found a thin small beanie to put under his helmet, as for gloves, go to millets, they do some tiny ones there, got some fleece ones with padding.

Oh and daddies Buff which he hasn’t given back 🙁

hopsgirl
    Free Member

Thanks Ziggy, they’ve all got kiddie buffs which they got last Christmas and are absolutely brilliant- though I like to borrow theirs!! 😆

Will check Millets out for gloves though think I may have ones like you are describing- they are too big for my daughter and weren’t warm enough for my son last winter though they are great in autumn/spring. S’pose it’s hard to find anything that will keep kid’s hands warm on a bike when it’s -15C. 😯

H4RDT41LR1D3R
    Free Member

I have not looked at their website lately but i did get my son some clothing from http://www.justjuniorscyclewear.co.uk/

Bunnyhop

Decathlon.

Spud

Try these chaps, same ones as nextdaytyres! http://www.ragged.co.uk/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cycling clothes/gear for very young children’ is closed to new replies.