Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Cycling / climbing styled casual clothing?
  • Shackleton

Maybe a random request but I’m after a (smartish) fleece/jumper style thing with a full length zip for general wearing about rather than climbing or biking in.

The reason being that I prefer the cut and styling of my climbing gear over baggier, more normal high street styling.

Anyone have any suggestions for manufacturers or garments that fit the bill?

Cheers,

p

footflaps

Climbing clothing you say….

Maybe a fleece like this:

Shackleton

I remember that kind of clobber. Luckily I left them in the late 80’s early 90’s where they belong. Apart from my Troll trousers that I’m banned from wearing anymore.

I will also accept suggestions of more staid designs and colours.

Swelper
    Free Member

Try Prana

prana

Shackleton

Cheers Swelper, guess I should have looked at the label on the shorts I’m wearing!

Swelper
    Free Member

E9 as well but don’t think they have a massive selection tbh, well thats when my experience when at Climb Newcastle as John is the UK agent

jonahtonto
    Free Member

so you want some clothes, like the ones you own, but you dont know where to start looking? interesting……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Shackleton

Yeah, thanks Jonah.

From where I’m sat at home I can see kit from Montane, Rab, Haglofs, Patagonia, E9, PrAna, Icebreaker, Arc’teryx, Berghaus, Lowe Alpine and Mountain Hardwear.

With the exception of PrAna I’ve been through all of their catalogues and not found anything to fit the bill. Hence my request for options and ideas from others.

CountZero

From where I’m sat at home I can see kit from Montane, Rab, Haglofs, Patagonia, E9, PrAna, Icebreaker, Arc’teryx, Berghaus, Lowe Alpine and Mountain Hardwear.

So, basically, you live in an outdoor clothing retail unit? 😉

asherh
    Free Member

Mountain Equipment make somthing like that, potentially called the Chamonix (?) Fleece.

Edit: yep – http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/the_gear/clothing/thermal/chamonix_jacket—595/

persona
    Free Member

is this some sort of vain attempt to make people think you are a cyclist/climber? 😕

Cougar

Try Prana

This.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Prana +1 most of my kit has lasted ages too.

Shackleton

Persona – Not entirely sure what you are getting at but it does appear to be an unpleasant snap judgement based on nothing at all. I like the cut and styling of those items of clothing, nothing more, and don’t want to wear my outdoor kit to work anymore as it is mostly a bit grubby, heavily used and (apparently) slightly smelly. I’m sure if we met you’d realise that personal vanity is quite a long way down my list of character flaws. The mere fact that I’m having to ask others on here for help rather implies that my sense of style and fashion isn’t all that.

Count zero – It does rather look like that but I was trying on various bits and bobs at home last night to try and find styles and cuts that would be comfortable for general use so had dug everything I own out. It is all back in the wardrobe now!

Asherh – looks nice, thanks for the pointer.

Everyone else – thank you for the suggestions.

freddyg
    Free Member

Moon stuff is quite nice: Moon climbing

TomB

Some bikey casual wear from campag, castelli, on one etc, some looks quite nice but don’t own any myself.

wrecker
    Free Member

Moon stuff is nice.
    The Patagonia Better Sweater sounds like it fits the bill. Arcteryx Covert too.

Pigface
    Free Member

I went into a Rohan shop for the first time in ages, they seem to be catering for the Saga age group these days but had some nice long sleeve zipper things.

footflaps

I used to like TNF A5 casual range, still have some of it going strong 10 years on, but they stopped making it. Never really found anything to match it.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Shackleton

You wear what you want to mate !

ps…chicks dig the rugged outdoor look

Shackleton

Cheekyboy – The look maybe, the smell less so!

Thanks again for the other suggestions, will look into them.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Cycling / climbing styled casual clothing?’ is closed to new replies.