Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cycling before work
  • heresjonny
    Free Member

So a few guys at work meet up at the weekend for several hours blast 20-30 miles, I showed a little interest in joining them on there next trip, turns out they are planning to do it before work, at 4.30am we start at 8am, 21 mile route off road obviously. Am I MAD to even consider doing this, means alarm set for 4am, its next friday.

uplink
    Free Member

4am in June

It doesn’t get any better than that

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

I’m sure that’d be a fantastic ride. Up nice and early with the dawn. It would also give you a great excuse for having a friday afternoon nap in the office. Go for it!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yup, it’s probably the best time to be riding at any time of year. I LOVE the early mornings. Make sure you are somewhere high up with a view over the rat race and a flask of coffee at about 0730, that’s smug factor 10 that is. Oh and you will eat like a horse all day 🙂

sofatester
    Free Member

Do it, you will feel rubbish when the alam goes off mind. Take it and after 30mins you will be buzzing! 🙂

Keva
    Free Member

…and be in bed by 21:00hrs on Friday night.

Kev

wors

if i could get up that early i would!

miketually
    Free Member

We always used to ride (almost) that early when I first started MTBing with my dad. If you get away from the car park at first light, you avoid all the walkers.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i always feel rubbish when i ride/train early morning. i don’t seem to have the energy levels that i do later in the day, and then i am useless in work when i get in.

it is nice though, very peaceful.

Keva
    Free Member

I love early mornings, but not quite 04:00 early. 06:00 or 07:00 is a good time to start.

Kev

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cycling before work’ is closed to new replies.