Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cycling at the Lee Valley Velodrome
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Currently going through their 4 stage accreditation process. After that I guess I’ll be looking for a club to join. Does anybody know what clubs are out there? Is there another way of getting track time? What’s it like at the other velodromes? I already know about the skills sessions, definitely planning to book in a few of those! 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vAfthQTqj24[/video]

TiRed

Depends on the club. Ours has regular time at LVV for club sessions – a few per year Other London clubs will have the same arrangements. Sessions are very popular and hard to get! You don’t have to be a member of any club to enter structured training sessions or join the league. Just turn up and ride the session you fancy.

Accreditation at LVV covers you for all indoor UK tracks, but it is not entirely reciprocal. If accredited at Newport, for example, you still need Stage 4 at LVV.

cinnamon_girl

The boy goes to Herne Hill for organised sessions with coaching and wants to do some racing. He can also leave his track bike there in a secure locker, can’t remember the cost. His club is London Phoenix, not sure if the sessions were organised through them.

shermer75
    Free Member

Thanks for those replies! It’ll be great to know more about joining a club. TiRed, how did you find yours? Did you know them already or did you find them online?

TiRed

I bumped into some riders on a sportive a few years ago. They aren’t local, but the club rides were on Saturdays not Sundays, which meant convenience. Also I can ride Tuesday club nights after work and then ride home.

Plenty of good clubs around London. British Cycling has a club finder

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubfinder

Recommendation is always good and in and around London you are spoiled for choice! Pick local based on track focus if you can. We have a dedicated track coach who is also a coach at LVV.

shermer75
    Free Member

Nice one! Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cycling at the Lee Valley Velodrome’ is closed to new replies.