Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cycling around Bowness-on-Windermere
  • norbertfordan
    Free Member

Spending a week at the lakes with friends who don’t ride, but want to sneak out for a ride a few times while we’re there. Looking for 10-15 miles rides close to Bowness-on-Windermere, would be grateful if you guys could share some routes.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Jump on the ferry to the other side of the Lake and you’re into some really good stuff straight away, you’re also one hill away from Grizedale Forest. Great place to ride, loads to do.

norbertfordan
    Free Member

Thanks Paul, Grizdale is on the list, looks perfect, cycle root, so don’t have to spend time exploring.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Look on connect.garmin.com and use the Explore feature and I’m sure you’ll find lots of routes. I suspect lots of Kendal based riders get the ferry over and ride from there so you’ll probably find quite a few rides that start exactly there. Strava will also show you some stuff, but it’s a pain to get the routes off onto a GPS.

eg. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/281219298

steveh

The marked trail at Grizedale isn’t great but with an OS map you can try pretty much any of the many bridleways around the area are great.

paulevans
    Free Member

Norbertfordan

When you coming up to Bowness? I live in the town and would be happy to show you round a route or two. Would have to be evening based or Sunday. There’s some great riding on the doorstep.

norbertfordan
    Free Member

Thanks Guys!
    Paulevans: I’ll be up for a week from Good Friday, I think my rides will be arranged around the stuff we do together with my mates, so I’ll probably go out early morning while the others are still recovering from previous night! Thanks for your offer!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cycling around Bowness-on-Windermere’ is closed to new replies.