Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Cycling and hairdressers… it never ends well..
  • MicArms
    mudmuncher

An Audi Q7 in white, got to be pretty near the top of the tree in the hierarchy of twatmobiles.

I hope they get locked up for attempted murder.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Wow what a looney!

kimbers

oops started my own one on this so ill rpeeat

a close shave for the cyclist, I hope the driver gets a perm(anent) ban

zippykona

So £10 fine for nearly killing a cyclist and £100 for parking on double yellow?

fingerbike
    Free Member

Attempted murder or ‘driving without due care and attention’, 3 points, £60 fine.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Good to see you’re not biased, fingerbike and zippy.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

This is a 5 minute walk away from my house. Those roads up and down from the park are like a hotbed of tension -especially on hot summers days.

Pretty sure I have seen that car around as well. Wishful thinking but I hope she gets banged up.

fingerbike
    Free Member

Very biased, was once knocked off my bike by a driver, very intentional, he drove off, other drivers followed and he was arrested. Thankfully only cuts, bruses and a smashed lid/bike. Guess what charge/fine he got….

cloudnine
    Free Member

Love the stw comments…

Driver deserves a perm…a ban and some time in jail to mullet over.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Due care & attention, £70?

EDIT – that’s for Fingerbike

cookeaa

The driver of the car, a 30-year-old woman, was arrested on suspicion of attempted GBH.

Attempted GBH? Hmmm.

What are the sentencing guidelines for that like? Interesting that its not a motoring offence she’s been charged with.

natrix
    Free Member

I heard that the police are combing the area for evidence………….

edlong
    Free Member

It was the shop’s fault – not wearing high viz.

D0NK

Cookeaa a cyclist who rlj and hit a child was done for gbh (maybe abh) recently rather than a more traffic related charge. Will be very surprised if the driver actually gets charged with that, knocked down to careless driving, suspended slap on wrists, a fine less than a q7’s tank of fuel and maybe a minor ban is more likely if found guilty. (Edit unless CCTV showing just how bad it all was)

Al, do You think the driver was driving normally when they managed to total a q7 a car a van and a shop? ****tery involved at some point, history/experience would suggest some road related aggro, driver in a balanced, not it anyway escalating the situation move, took a swipe at cyclist with their >1tonne vehicle and the result can be seen.

cynic-al
    Free Member

DONK I was commenting on those who said she’d get a £10 fine etc, I didn’t suggest or imply she was driving normally.

D0NK

Ah right fair enough. But again history/experience suggests “getting away with it” is highly likely.

convert

on the other hand……

Just shows what ‘dangers’ you are exposing yourself to by kicking a car. Huge over reaction by the driver but kicking a car is akin to poking an angry dog and wondering why it bites you in my opinion.

cynic-al
    Free Member

D0NK – Member
    Ah right fair enough. But again history/experience suggests “getting away with it” is highly likely.

Maybe, but there appear to be plenty of witnesses, and it seems like a positive action rather than just dangerous driving or DWODCAA.

convert – agreed, aggression usually just escalates…

brooess
    Free Member

convert – agreed, aggression usually just escalates…

IME it’s often the whole purpose of the initial aggression… but it’s not really the point here – try and hit someone with a tank like that because they kicked the caris hardly an appropriate escalation is it? Do we really want people with that level of latent aggression in charge of a car?

In the midst of an obesity crisis which is going to cost us £billions and the main reason people don’t want to cycle is because they’re too scared… there’s much bigger issues at stake in incidences like this

MicArms
    racefaceec90

i know i’m not the only person whose sick to the back teeth of all these incidents happening/hatred of cyclists.

i hope the court charges her properly as opposed to giving her a stern talking to which seems to be the case in these incidents.

the law is a huge arse when it comes to cyclist safety in this country.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

She said: “She kept saying repeatedly that she was sorry. I just said it didn’t matter if there was no loss of life. We are just hoping she is insured. She drives a very fancy car. I think that is what saved her children’s’ lives.”

Phew!

antigee

looking forward to the salon reopening with a proper name – I thought it was illegal not to have sort of bad pun in the name

trust the cyclist recovers well and gets a bike sorted pronto

….I try to pretend I’ve got my hands gaffer taped to the handlebars as any argument is wasted breath…and never ever touch the car!

some guy ran two blocks to catch me parked (yes I was driving) after in a very narrow street with cars parked either side I’d clipped his wing mirror with mine at walking pace – after I walked back to his car and pointed out there was no damage (and wound him up by pointing out all the minor scratches and dings he had got on his car) he told me the problem was “I hadn’t stop to apologise”

drlex
    Free Member

I like the suggestion that the news article could have been titled or included the phrase “hair salon in collision with car”.

belugabob
    Free Member

The salon should definitely be renamed…

Close shave
    Bad Hair Day
    Hair Raising
    Helmet Hair

…etc

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Cycling and hairdressers… it never ends well..’ is closed to new replies.