Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cycling Active readers?
  • RustySpanner

What do you think of the new look?

Can’t say I’m hugely impressed.

What was original and fresh now seems to
    be a Cycling Plus clone, complete with the regulation carbon/titanium wankfest bike tests.

I liked it precisely because it didn’t pander to the recently ex golfing, Rapha wearers.
    Now it does, just like every single other cycling magazine.

Shame really.

butcher

Not read it since it changed but I thought the cover looked good. It’s big selling point was how down to earth it was though, so I hope that’s still the case.

TedC

@Rusty Spanner

You are not alone, shall be cancelling my subs for the exact reasons you list. My other half used to read it after me, hasn’t bothered since the refresh.

stumpy01

Yeah. My first thought was oooh, this looks nice.
    But it’s a bit rubbish. Got my latest one about a fortnight ago and not even taken it out of the wrapper.

Seems to have progressively gone from no nonsense cycling stuff to more and more expensive bits, clothes and bikes….’mid-range’ Jersey test with nothing under £90, that kind of thing.

commander
    Free Member

Agree with the OP, it was a refreshing change fro all the ther mags with its simlicity and appeal to all levels of cyclist, the route guides were particularly good but now its just like all the others. I used to get it every month, may give it one more chance this month but suspect itll be the last time. there are better mags at doing what its trying to be,

RustySpanner

Not just me then?

Any other decent, real life mags left, apart from the CTC one?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cycling Active readers?’ is closed to new replies.