• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cyclescheme road bike.
  • duckman

Since so many of us spend time surfing bike bargains. I would like a £1000 disc braked road Gravel bike, I can top up a voucher.Has anybody seen anything worth having, with the exception of PX/On one? (never again)In a perfect world I would get hydraulic brakes for that. I am also 6″3″ for any wee folk who have found the dream defy and it is only in a L, you loss is my gain!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Bought a boardman cx team from Halfords a few weeks ago and I’m very, very pleased with it.

Although it’s back up to £1k from the £800 it was on at when I bought it. Plus 10% bc discount, plus 11.5% discount on halfords vouchers through employee benefits, plus 3% back through quidco it was rude not to.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ah just realised cycle scheme might not be the halfords one.

freeagent
    Free Member

Pinnacle Arkose?
    I’ve got one with Hydro Discs which was £1k last year.
    It isn’t quite as nimble as my Giant Defy (both have 105 level group sets) and is 2Kg heavier, but has been a great winter road bike/light tourer (rode from London to Paris on it last month)

I’m planning to upgrade the wheels to a set of Hope/Pacenti hand-builts before next winter, which should knock a few grams off and liven it up a bit.

duckman

Good point; the pinnacles get good press here, I can also use Halfords Gary, so thanks for the suggestion.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I also have a Pinnacle Arkose 4, great commuter but a bit ponderous.

ransos
    Free Member

You can use cyclescheme vouchers for a Boardman if you buy directly rather than through Halfords.

SaxonRider

I got one of these as an insurance settlement earlier this year, and while I had no expectations of it at all (I really wanted something esle), I have come to love it.

And I am even happy with the mechanical discs. That said, if you really hate mechanical, you can always top up by £100 and get the model up.

DezB
    Free Member

I had a bunch of bookmarks for just this scenario.. let me go and click on them and see if any are still live… back soon.

duckman

The wonders of stw; I had never heard of them Saxon; what is the weight like? I am also admiring various reduced cannondale incarnations.

DezB
    Free Member

Only live link I’ve found so far is Rose bikes, but I dunno if you can use a voucher with them!

jimdubleyou

+1 on the Arkose.

My local Evans let me top up to get the Hydro 105 version.

I commute on it, and have ridden it loaded up for things like the Gravel Dash.

I like it.

tomnavman
    Free Member

Cube CX Pro?

DezB
    Free Member

Oh balls, I missed the word gravel 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cyclescheme road bike.’ is closed to new replies.