Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cyclescheme and frame/fork/wheel package?
  • Telemaster18
    Free Member

Is it possible as I’m looking to get a Cotic Bfe frame, some forks and wheels through it but been to a shop today (won’t say their name) and they say I need to get a whole bike including all bits from them. I have everything to put on the frame (drivetrain etc) but wanted to get these new bits and then get the shop to put the other stuff I have on, so that I’m riding a bike out of their shop?

Any help

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What’s your commute like?

timmys

Bumpy by the sounds of it.

badlydrawnbiker
    Free Member

It is feasible – just choose a more friendly dealer next time – I got just frame and forks on the scheme – and frame forks & wheels is a lot more like a complete bike

Telemaster18
    Free Member

My ‘commute’ is about 20 miles. Hmmm I’m just not sure where sells cotic frames that will do it? Badlydrawnbiker how long ago was this?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Shop ensuring that they dont become an accessory to commiting tax fraud

Quite right on their part im affraid

convert

Cotic Bfe as a commute bike? Really?

Use real money and don’t commit tax fraud for your toys.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

They are correct, its for complete bikes only.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Real money? Idiots, how is it not real money. Don’t comment on here if your a retard

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I guess I’m just going to have to try and work it another way. Thanks for the helpful info and unhelpful from others. I guess things have tightened up with the scheme.

convert

Idiots, how is it not real money.

If you don’t know the answer to that maybe you need to look inwardly for your retard 😉

“you are” or “you’re” by the way not “your” – will make you look a little more intelligent if you are going to throw around the “retard” monkier. Glad to be of service!

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Well done. Now go home

convert

I am – ❓

Just because I’m talking to you; I’m not in your computer – you do know that don’t you?

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Yes

miketually
    Free Member

I guess things have tightened up with the scheme.

Apparently, some people were taking the piss in what they were buying on the scheme, so things are a bit more controlled now.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I understand, cheers. I suppose I wasn’t trying to take the mick with it. Just wanted to see if I could utilise the tax-free offer. I pay enough tax to expect something in return.

druidh
    Free Member

That’ll be health care, roads, police, defence etc etc etc

TBH – with the recent changes to Cyclescheme (VAT, end-of-term payment) you’d get as good a deal bargaining with your local bike shop for a bit of a discount and then you have the bike you actually want.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

druidh don’t start on those, I barely rate any of them!

What are you saying then…..you can get discounted bikes on the scheme?

druidh
    Free Member

No – not on the scheme, but once you work out the actual saving you get on the scheme, you might find you can get as good a deal from a shop directly. Remember, if you buy it on the scheme, the shop has to give 10% to the scheme anyway (as an admin charge).

convert

I pay enough tax to expect something in return.

I bet you vote tory too. I can’t tell you how much I loath people with your sort of attitude!

(I fully acknowledge the feeling is probably mutual after your insightful “retard” comment above)

Druidh has a point though – not sure the scheme makes a great deal of sense for anyone now unless you NEED a bike to commute to work with and use it as effectively an interest free loan with a salary sacrifice repayment scheme because you don’t have the ready cash to pay for it up front. Sort of like it was intended.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I see what you’re saying druidh. I was looking for answers really. It seems it’s probably not the best option.

garage-dweller

Cyclescheme now do 2 options at the end of the year.

You can now pay a reduced fee for an extended 3 year rental. This is direct with cyclescheme. This looks much more tax efficient.

The scheme is intended only for those who will use the bike for some or allof their commute regularly, although thar bit isnt widely policed, if at all, it is the reason that you can only have a whole bike.

One of the rationales was I believe to encourage people out of their cars and provide affordable transport for those on lower incomes. Not to subsidise a hobby only purchase. No criticism of op intended.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cyclescheme and frame/fork/wheel package?’ is closed to new replies.