Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cyclefit Manchester
  • mcnultycop

I’m looking at getting a bike fit for my road bike and wondered if anyone had any experience of Cyclefit in Manchester centre. It’s £200 for a fit or £225 with saddle pressure mapping. I don’t use roadie pedals (use SPDs) so paying for anything to do with the shoes and cleats seems unnecessary.

I’m generally comfortable on the tops and hoods, but do get some inner leg/knee pain after a few hours in the saddle and can’t seem to get properly comfortable in the drops when pedalling. I’m doing a charity night ride and am expecting 3.5 hours plus, so I want to make sure that even if it’s peeing it down in the dark I’m comfy on the bike and the cost seems OK.

mrchrispy

if you can afford it then go for it.
    havent done it myself but they look like they know what they are doing and seem nice enough.
    Let us know how you get on.

traildog
    Free Member

I would say just because you use SPDs you shouldn’t overlook the fit on the shoes. My experience of bike fit is that the shoe/pedal is the basis of a good fit, the saddle then follows that, and then the handlebars after than. Having said that, everyone has their own opinion/experience.

They have a very good reputation but that sort of money makes my eyes water and every joint in my body hurt. If you have the money and happy to spend it then I’m sure they’ll be very good.

velocipede
    Free Member

I’ve been to a talk at Cyclefit and seen the facilities, talked to the people, etc – they really do know what they are doing and have worked with many of the pro road teams, as well as with pro’s independent of their teams (where the pro didn’t trust the team’s tech people!!) – so they definitely know what they are talking about….

If I was choosing somewhere to put my money I would go there……or second choice would be former pro and TdF rider Adrian Timmis’ business down in the midlands…Cadence Sport…again because you can have confidence that he knows what he’s on about!

🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i had a fit with saddle mapping there a couple of years ago, and honestly it was brilliant. Matt was very comprehensive in testing all sorts of things, both on me and my bike, and the little tweaks he made plus recommendations for new saddle totally transformed the comfort of my rides.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cyclefit Manchester’ is closed to new replies.