Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • cycled to Glastonbury?
  • tankbeut
    Free Member

has anyone cycled to glastonbury festival before? 100 miles home isnt too appealing after 5 days getting on it…

singlecrack
    Free Member

I have ….bit then I only live 2 miles away from the festival site….oh and I can’t remember to this day what happened to the bike …..

adjustablewench
    Free Member

have you looked at the website – if you cycle you can drop you stuff at certain points and they carry it for you. you also get free access to the solar showers and your own special field to camp in – which looked quite reasonable last year.

I would love to cycle but am taking the kids and we live in sheffield – so a bit of a hike! However if i wasn’t taking the kids i probably would be a bit more fragile afterwards too!

tankbeut
    Free Member

I didnt see that they carried your stuff? mmm i will look into this… respect for taking your kids! i dont know which would be more tiring!

tankbeut
    Free Member

Just looked and they only take your stuff if you join the PoWWow organised ride from bristol. im coming from london. i need to pay off a driver…

adjustablewench
    Free Member

they loved it – luckily they have been trained in the art of sleeping anywhere from an early age. so with some carefully timed siestas they did get to see all sorts. they came away singing and assortment of primal scream/cool and the gang and paul simon – a random mix to say the least!

would totally recommed it for a kids holiday – the family camping field we were in was great. more importantly the kids go free which makes the £200 ticket price very reasonable as i would probably spend nearly that for a week on a campsite with the boys with trips to see stuff.

I have one who’s a bit clealiness mad, when presented with the sea of mud at the beginning of the week. he tried to hand himself in a as a lost child as he knew he would be taken somewhere inside with a floor!

tankbeut
    Free Member

Ha ha ha, what a legend!

llama

last time cyclists got a special camp site

it was empty – so if you want the space stick your bike on the train and ride from e.g. bath

first took my kids when they were little tiny – this year my eldest is going all my herself, ahhhh bless

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘cycled to Glastonbury?’ is closed to new replies.