• This topic has 32 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by igm.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • cycled 1 mile today.
  • ton

went for a 1 mile bike ride at dinnertime.
    my god, how can you loose all your fitness in 3 month off the bike.
    feels like it is gonna be a long slow road back to any kind of fitness.

simondbarnes

Well done lad. It’ll soon come back. Do 2 miles next ride, then 4, then 8 and before you know it you’ll be back to where you were 🙂

whitestone
    Free Member

Good one Tony. Very frustrating to begin with but keep at it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What the hell did you do that for? You could have spent the time far more constructively by arguing on a bike forum!

Go and sit in the corner and think about your actions, young man.

🙂

pypdjl
    Free Member

If you keep doubling your distance each time you’ll soon be doing some very long rides!

rOcKeTdOg

btw your wingtip has been a lot further lately 🙂

Riksbar

1 mile?
    [video]https://youtu.be/gX-BQJxea14[/video]

coomber
    Free Member

Nice one.

I wont be on a bike again until July probably. That’ll be fun.

ton

not until illness forces one upon me RD.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I’ve been off for over two years, a lot of that all but crippled. Got the all clear to get back on about 2 months ago. Spent most of that time hacking my lungs up.

This is going to be fun.

stevied
    Free Member

Great work Ton

Do 2 miles next ride, then 4, then 8 and before you know it you’ll be back to where you were 15 miles form home

😆

superstu
    Free Member

Well done. Distance doesn’t matter, all time on the bike.

firestarter
    Free Member

Nice one mate, more than I’ve done in last few weeks lol. If ever you fancy a bimble out give me a shout Tony. My lungs are still recovering from a breathing apparatus set failure so I’m very much plodding still but I’m off the inhaler at least 🙂

therevokid
    Free Member

well done that man 🙂

only recently got back after 7 months off …. ooffffff that hurt 😉

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Thats 1 mile more than ive done this month Ton !
    well done

big_scot_nanny

🙂

Crack on, my man, crack on!

steviecapt
    Free Member

same thing happened to me last year. i was averaging over 100 miles per week, then had a bad chest infection, which then turned into blood clots on both lungs and left leg, i struggle to do more than 15 miles these days, and now im back on antibiotics for another chest infection, i wont let it stop me going out on the bike though, it just means more coffee and pub stops, and on a bad day strongbow n painkillers lol, seems to get worse with the cold weather, so probaly gone get a scarf to put over my mouth when riding, so the cold air doesnt go straight onto my lungs, hope this helps.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Good work Tony!
    You’ll get there. 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

Excellent. I think my first ride after my knee injury was 3k – doctor said road only but I got bored after a week. Slow, steady, often.

ton

seems very odd, being able to ride the bike, but i cant walk without my crutches yet.
    bought myself a couple of fold up walking sticks, so i can manage to get to the bar for refreshments………. 😆

chipster

Nice one, big ‘un. You did more today than I’ve done in over a week. It’s just a cold for me, though. 😕

belugabob
    Free Member

Good effort, big fella.

Must have missed a thread or two, though, as I had no idea you were off the bike – what happened?

matt_outandabout

Good news. Riding bikes is ace.

TiRed

Had three months off last year. If you’ve left with a good base, it will soon be back. Top e,nd fitness goes and comes quite rapidly. But overall fitness does not.

Welcome back. Onto the next one 🙂

ton

Must have missed a thread or two, though, as I had no idea you were off the bike – what happened?

had a ankle fusion on a old rugby injury mate, then ended up with a DVT in my right leg.

when it rains it pours…… 😆

belugabob
    Free Member

when it rains it pours……

But we still get on our bikes, and get filthy dirty (with a big grin our our faces)

Keep it up through the winter, and the spring will soon be here.

ade9933
    Free Member

Well done guys – good luck with the recovery!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Been off since the start of September 2015… I was due to restart a few weeks ago but bronchitis stopped me in my tracks!

I think I will be back in a few days. It is going to hurt. Lots.

yunki
    Free Member

get on son… I’ve been out and done more rides in the last fortnight than I have in the last two years

slow and steady.. little and often – it’ll soon come back

P20

First steps and all that…
    One of the best rides I ever went on was with Tasha after months off her bike with a knee injury. Couple of miles along the railway lines. Bloody brilliant having her back on the bike.
    Enjoy mate

voodoo_chile

Great stuff Tony

ton

just done 30 minutes. proper buzzing……….. 😆

igm

Excellent news.

But use a wheelchair or waitress service for the bar – you don’t want to take chances. 😉

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘cycled 1 mile today.’ is closed to new replies.