Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cycle touring suggestions
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

After the success of last week's trip along the Danish coast I'm eager to start planning the next adventure.

Don't really want the hassle of flying with bikes/bike trailer so nothing more than a cheap ferry journey away.

I've seen something about the Kingfisher trail in Ireland which looks like it's worth exploring further.

Any other suggestions? Looking to do a week or more's riding but at a fairly slow pace. Doesn't necessarily have to be a waymarked long distance trail, just these tend to be a good starting point for plans.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

scotland scotland scotland scotland scotland

🙂

the further north the better

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

check out http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/ for inspiration worldwide

i look forward to reading the account of your trip, looks like fun.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Scotland is already on the list, just need some inspiration for narrowing down exactly where, I'm not very good at planning from scratch. Prefer to start off with something and alter it from there.

i look forward to reading the account of your trip, looks like fun.

If you mean the trip I've just done the report is here

ourmaninthenorth

Belgium. Ferry to Zeebrugge. Ride to Gent for the Gent Six Days in November. Take your bike over the Ronde van Valanderen (Tour of Flanders) route. Drink Belgian beer, eat waffles.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yeah i saw your blog

scotland we've (between us) done quite a bit

for a 1 weeker i'd suggest this or something similar or part of this (but not the bit to Inverness it's terrible).

You can't go far wrong the north west of scotland really, there aren't that many roads to choose from!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

pics from those two routes here and here

ebygomm
    Free Member

Cool, will take a look later. Cheers

druidh
    Free Member

Hebrides?

Description

Photos

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cycle touring suggestions’ is closed to new replies.