• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ben98.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cycle touring shoes…. any ideas?
  • robdob
    Free Member

Want to get some cycle touring shoes, SPD ones. I’d like them to not look like cycling shoes too much and be good to walk in too without the clip-clip of the cleats on the floor. Seen Shimano MT34’s and the like which seem ok – not a fan of the velcro straps to hold laces but they tend to be on the more expensive ones.

Would like waterproof but a lot of waterproof ones tend to be expensive, ones which dry out quickly would be great too.

Any ideas?

ton

sidi, giro, carnac, dromarti. plenty to choose from. flats and five ten or similar for me. good walking off the bike, and tap room floors.

STATO
    Free Member

I have some mavic shoes i used for touring and now use for commuting and general riding where ill be off the bike as much as on it. Comfy, look like normal trainers (mine are all black) and happy cycling or walking in them, so much so i didnt bother taking any other shoes when touring.

This is the current version i think.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mavic-cruize-shoes-2015/rp-prod90626

robdob
    Free Member

Those Giro ones look nice but are a bit spendy but worth a look. The Sidi ones just look like cycling shoes really.

Found the Specialized Cadet, they look ok and I know Spesh shoes fit me nicely.

rogermoore

Pearl Izumi might be worth a look?
    RM.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Northwave used to do a number of trainer style shoes, certain one was goretex.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cadets are not at all waterproof and anything that is will cost.

I have some £100 Shimano Goretex ones from a few years ago, work great, get sweaty abroad though.

robdob
    Free Member

Not bothered if they aren’t waterproof if cheaper and will dry out quickly. Some of the modern more casual mtb shoes tend to hold water for a long time and won’t dry out while riding.

CraigW
    Free Member

Shimano SPD sandals. They are comfy for touring and walking, and dry quickly if wet.

wombat

Like the look of those Sidi ones in red

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve never known any shoes to dry out quickly after rain – there’s socks to dry too, and it’s not going to be warm (here).

ben98
    Free Member

Mavic alpine XL’s, I rode most of the dales 300 in them, and the next weekend walked up penyghent in them as my other shoes were wet, mine cost £55 from all terrain.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cycle touring shoes…. any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.