Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cycle touring North Coast of N Ireland
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Any experiences to share? The GF is off with her friends and I though I’d ask on her behalf what the terrain was like.
    Cheers
    B

sssimon
    Free Member

Terrain is lumpy I guess is the best way to describe it, Belfast to glenarm is flat where the road hugs the coast with a few climbs but nothing crazy where it heads inland, from there its a mix of rolling roads and a few killer climbs round to bushmills (torr head is a classic bit of brutal riding). If you are in that area it’s worth riding some of the glens (grenaarif or glendun would be my favoutites)

Has she a rough idea of routes or where she is staying?

Good article in this months Cyclist about the Giro stage 2 route is worth a read

midlifecrashes

Fatbikes and ride the beach from Downhill to Magillgan Point?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Strictly touring but she has a CX bike – defo no MTB’s and probably B&B’s/Hostels, not camping.
    Was a wee bit surpirsed by some of the chat on the Touring gears thread i.e. “how low can you go”
    Just interested as there seems to be little by way of guide books that I have found so far to cover that area.

sssimon
    Free Member

well worth speaking to Norman trotter at irondonkey as he organises a lot of touring trips in that area

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cycle touring North Coast of N Ireland’ is closed to new replies.