Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • cycle to work schemes. minimum previous period at employer?
  • TheBrick
    Free Member

Hi, my employer has a must be employed for 12 months before being allowed to enter the cycle to work scheme. Is this a legal requirement of the scheme or a requirement of the employer?

I can’t get round legal rules but have a possibility of getting round employer based rules!

MoreCashThanDash

Part of our scheme to, but then my employer is HMRC and it took them 8 years to even get it set up 🙄

monkeyboyjc

Pretty sure that’s a rule the employer has implemented. (I got mine after 3 months employment)

TheBrick
    Free Member

Excellt! I will go into battle on Monday! Been there 8 months but frame has snapped and do ‘t want to miss the summer commuting

cokie

Not sure- I got mine after 1 1/2 months at the company.

mefty
    Free Member

No minimum employment history, there is very little law on the Cycle Scheme in general.

monksie
    Free Member

I think it’s largely down to how your employer decided to run the scheme rather than a legal rule by HMRC or any of the cycle scheme providers.
    Local council I worked for stipulated 12 months employment before it was allowed, current employer it’s out of probation period (which can be anything between 3 and 12 months depending on the job role).
    A colleague at my current company was told he could not have a new voucher for two years after his first voucher had expired. He challenged this as there was no stipulation of it in any of the providers rules nor the company’s HR or payroll rules.
    After some to-ing and fro-ing, the company decided to allow new vouchers when one and run out and indeed, Cyclescheme invite you to request a new voucher when they email you to advise you of the “final deposit’ payment.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘cycle to work schemes. minimum previous period at employer?’ is closed to new replies.