Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • cycle to work scheme – Halfords
  • collinstiffee
    Free Member

They claim they can get any bike you wish to order, but I was talking to a guy in a store today who said they can’t get anything from Specialized. Anyone have similar or conflicting experiences?

Houns

Can’t get ‘any’ bike, Prob about 80% of them. Specialized can’t be ordered in store you will need to call the C2W help line to order one

falkirk-mark

I believe that any bikes sourced outwith their network will be technically second hand and as such there could be problems with warranty down the line

poly
    Free Member

Mark – surely any B2W bike is 2nd hand anyway since the company buy it you lease it and then you buy it from them?

falkirk-mark

I think bike companies accept that, the problem is companies the likes of Specialized want their dealers to supply bikes not through a third party (halfords) dealer.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

Most bikes have a 1 year guarantee, I know Halfords will honour that.
    Yes the bike belongs to the company through which the bike is leased to.
    Are there any other manufacturers that will not directly distribute through halfords?

falkirk-mark

Do you need to use Halfords. I am still keen on Specialized (the reason I mention warranty is I bought an fsr xc 5 and a half years ago and noticed a crack on the frame 2 weeks ago,took bike back to supplying dealer Big thanks to Jim at Dales Glasgow, and the frame was replaced with a brand new frame with a brand new higher spec shock with no problem whatsoever) I would very much doubt you would have the same luck with Halfords

Northwind

What specialized were you after? Within the normal £1000 limit there’s not a Specialized I’d choose over the Halfords own brand equivalents these days tbh.

bassspine
    Free Member

A mate of mine bought a Cannondale via Halfords C2W. I was working at the local C/dale dealers when the Halfords dude came in and paid full retail for it. O_o

druidh
    Free Member

Lots of LBS’s can take the Halfords vouchers, just ask around.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘cycle to work scheme – Halfords’ is closed to new replies.