Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • cycle to work scheme final valuation?
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi, just been reading about the scheme. They state that at the end of the 'hire' period,there will be a final valuation fee, that is in line with reasonable value of the bike. Has anyone reached this stage yet? what sort of place are they getting this final value from? this is surely going to vary massivly between a bike that was 'owned' by an enthusiast and someone just using one for transport!

Haribo
    Free Member

ours is 5% of original price – standard with cyclescheme

MattPhotos
    Free Member

i asked about this a while ago.. should be in my profile… here it is
    Anyway.. looked like it might be being tightened up.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Cheers Matt, just looked at your thread, seems like a good deal then! I cant personally see my employer taking the time to get 3 independent valuations at the end of the year! Thanks

miketually
    Free Member

5% is the usual. Or, one extra payment.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Had a word with my boss about setting up the scheme, and he seems really keen! Are there any of you that are actually employers? any reason that you could think of that would be negative about using the scheme? just so i know in case they ask, and i can be prepared with a convincing reason to proceed!!
    Thanks

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I paid £10 quid at the end on a £1000 voucher.

Coleman
    Free Member

We recently set up our own scheme at work. Our only concern, being a small company, 25 employees, was if say 20 staff all had bikes at the same time. Potentially we could be financing £20,000 of equipment over say an 18 month payback period.
    However, as you can imagine, this did not occur. We currently have 3 people on the scheme and all is going well.

grumm
    Free Member

I've not paid anything for mine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘cycle to work scheme final valuation?’ is closed to new replies.