Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Cycle to work naughtyness
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Now being in the forces I cannot get cycle to work (chuffing annoying) However my Dads workplace is starting it next month! Now we are thinking underhand tactics as I need a commuter and he can get c2w. What is the possible fallout if it went wrong? Personally I see nowt wrong with it lol

druidh
    Free Member

Apart from the fact that it’s fraud and tax evasion, why should he be worried?

djglover
    Free Member

Your Dad will probably go to prison.

druidh
    Free Member

djglover – Member

Your Dad will probably go to prison.

Only after he’s lost his job though

djglover
    Free Member

The combination of which could lead to family breakup and in severe cases, suicide.

terrahawk
    Free Member

then he’ll get bummed by Mr Big and end up a drug addict, but at least you’ll have a nice bike to commute on.

terrahawk
    Free Member

so, which bike do you fancy?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

terrahawk – Member
    then he’ll get bummed by Mr Big and end up a drug addict, but at least you’ll have a nice bike to commute on.

A small price to pay.

grumm
    Free Member

lol at this thread 😛

Harry_the_Spider

terrahawk – Member

Posted 17 minutes ago # Report-Post
    terrahawk – Member
    so, which bike do you fancy?

One with a great big gel saddle is Mr Big related prison romance is on the agenda. 😯

druidh
    Free Member

Maybe a Handjob then?

monkeychild
    Free Member

I am not seeing any negatives in this at all. Time to start shopping.

Harry_the_Spider

Jolly good, but remember not to cry when you get gripped by Mr Big. He likes it when they cry.

nukeproof
    Free Member

😆

druidh
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member

Jolly good, but remember not to cry when you get gripped by Mr Big. He likes it when they cry.

monkeychild will be fine – it’s his ageing father that will be suffering.

Harry_the_Spider

Whatever… just don’t cry.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

agree with druid. At the end of the day it’s fraud, and it would be a real shame if the scheme got withdrawn due to abuse. I would also be out of a job. Surely better to lobby the force to get their act together and allow the scheme to be run.

druidh
    Free Member

* awaits the “hands up who’s never committed a foul murder – I know I have” brigade *

billybob
    Free Member

you’ve all made me feel guilty now about buying my girlfriends bike on the C2W scheme….

Shandy
    Free Member

Just do it. The government will just have to try and waste three or four hundred quid less of your money next year.

mudshark
    Free Member

I suspect there’s a few on here who have bought bikes completely unsuitable for commuting on! Only fully rigid road bikes should be allowed…. 😉

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

WOW Druidh…

Thats the 1st bike on here i have seen not in showroom condition…

Fair play..

As for the SCAM ..

Do it i know loads of people who are doing it?have done it.
    Even the local South Yorkshire police have Shall we say FIDLED THE SYSTEM…

Do it DO IT DO IT ..

A mate of mine in the post office (FEMALE)
    Got a 1k cycle to work bike even sent here bloke in with the voucher to pick a CBoardman Pro MTB …

Sorted …

But like you all say it mite go T I TS up …

Family eh ??? LOL

terrahawk
    Free Member

Oh come on, hands up who’s never committed a foul murder.

I know I have.

druidh
    Free Member

mudshark – Member

I suspect there’s a few on here who have bought bikes completely unsuitable for commuting on! Only fully rigid road bikes should be allowed….

I agree. I’ve bought two such bikes on the scheme. This one makes the commute a bit quicker

druidh
    Free Member

jonnyvegas – Member

WOW Druidh…

Thats the 1st bike on here i have seen not in showroom condition…

Fair play..

Not mine, obviously. I’d never allow any bike of mine to get into that sort of condition.

aP
    Free Member

I didn’t know they made bikes from tweed………

flatback
    Free Member

as a mobile service engineer who works from home with a van full of tools my comute is 2metres from garage to van, but i am on my 3rd bike on the scheme, hey if the government can lend my druggy/drunken benefits scrounging brother inlaw money to buy a dirt jump bike specifically to get him out of the house a bit,cos his nurse recommended it, i am sure no harm can come of bending the scheme rules

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

I know two blokes who bought snowboards on the ride to work scheme, i don’t think you should be worried.

Lummox

our scheme allows the person buying a bike in the scheme to purchase a bike for family members too, or it’s a major oversight on their part and i should shut my mouth rapido

takisawa2

I’ve not read the rest yet, but I got as far as this…

…& almost pissed my pants. Absolute classic. 😆

Dibbs
    Free Member

Only fully rigid road bikes should be allowed….

But part of my commute is offroad across the Quantocks (including the Chimney sometimes) 8)

chakaping
    Free Member

Naive question: If you’re a member of the armed forces, don’t you live at work anyway?

I say fill your boots anyway, if the Govt’s thinking about paying people £2k to buy a new car then they ought to be grateful you’re buying a bike without them having to pay anything.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Due to time/work-constraints I only occasionally cycle to work, but not on the bike I got through the scheme. 😕

mboy
    Free Member

I know two blokes who bought snowboards on the ride to work scheme, i don’t think you should be worried.

Awesome!

I’d bet money they don’t live on or near Ben Nevis though mind you 😉

Farticus

My Cyclescheme bike…bizarrely I do now use it as my commuter even though I never intended to. Will become a SS 69er for the winter, mind.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

chakaping – Member
    Naive question: If you’re a member of the armed forces, don’t you live at work anyway?

You don’t have to live on base if you’re a conscript. 🙂

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Cycle to work naughtyness’ is closed to new replies.