Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Cycle to Work Day… this Thursday!
  • momo

I cycled in today, local council green travel team had set up a stall on the main cycle path in to town and were running a free lock exchange, luckily I had the cheapo freebie from this months MBUK in my bag so I swapped that for a nice shiny new lock.

I only found out about it being cycle to work day earlier this week from someone else at work – and I would have been cycling in today anyway, very poorly advertised to be honest.

benp1

Cycled in today as well

But not for the special day. I cycle in once a week and today was my only opportunity

I suppose I saw slightly more people than normal

GrahamS

So if I cycle to work 5 for days a week, I get a £1 voucher and a peice of fruit!

Brilliant! 😆

Meantime the company car scheme and petrol allowance is worth how much…?

To answer the OP: I didn’t cycle today, because it’s only my fourth day in a new office and I haven’t shifted all my commuter stuff here or sussed out bike security and changing yet. But I will.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I wonder whether a better approach to those would be to try and turn it into a charity challenge?

Cycle to work for a week and get people to donate to The British Heart Foundation or similar. Obviously pretty silly for those of us who do it every day anyway but it might do more to raise awareness and get people more used to the routine/feeling of cycle commuting.

GrahamS

Not a bad shout, but the first week of commuting is likely to be a painful one for folk who haven’t cycled since they left school 😀 Might put folk off.

In larger offices etc I quite like the idea of Bike Buddies – people who already commute by bike who are willing to chum newbies, show them best/safe routes, help with bike issues etc

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

In larger offices etc I quite like the idea of Bike Buddies – people who already commute by bike who are willing to chum newbies, show them best/safe routes, help with bike issues etc

Indeed, good idea, although I half suspect for many in my office that would mean, getting to theirs a half hour before the agreed time to wake them up, check there bike is road worthy and then feed them coffee as well as then push them here! 😉

arachnidlover
    Free Member

I’m still waiting on my boss to bring me a coffee and a croissant to celebrate the fact that I rode in on “cycle to work day” though….. 🙁

neilpass
    Free Member

I’m working in an airport in wales this week and staying locally in the caravan, as I bought a road bike on Tuesday I’m cycling to work, it’s only 5 mins and saves £40 a day car parking!

hjghg5
    Free Member

The £1 voucher is still better than anything my employer is offering, sadly!

I’ve just been outside and wandered past the bike racks – they seem no fuller than normal. But given that the only advertising I’ve seen has been on websites I look at because I’m already a cyclist that’s possibly not a surprise.

ads678

I just couldn’t be bothered to ride in this morning. Not really sure why but hopped on the bus instead! Forgot it was bike to work day today, but i usually cycle in most other days so I guess that cancels it out.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Cycle to Work Day… this Thursday!’ is closed to new replies.