Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Cycle to Work Day tomorrow – plans?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ll be pootling in, on the 6min drag it takes form home to work.
    No lights, mudguards are on though.
    8)
    And You?

isitafox
    Free Member

Hmm, tempted as I’ve not ridden in for a while and I won’t need the panniers overly filled. Only a 6 miler here but that’s more than enough!

hjghg5
    Free Member

Haven’t decided yet. Thursdays are the one day I don’t normally cycle to work because it’s race night. That said, the club TT season is over as of last week, and tomorrow was to be a trip over to York for some closed circuit racing instead. I’m not sure I can be bothered with the drive over there so I may just cycle to work anyway.

Mudguards got fitted on Monday, lights are on there permanently.

tthew

As I’d most likely be riding anyway, I pledged. 13 miles each way towards my 3000 mile commuting target for the year.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve got to drop my car off for its MOT so it will be a pootle through the parks of Milton Keynes from the garage to the office for me, just 4 miles or so.

antigee

from the land of crocs, shorts and thongs – if it rains

Gary_M
    Free Member

20 miles each way ride as I do most days.

rOcKeTdOg

18 miles, same as every day, have Hallmark produced a card for the occasion?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i may not cycle to work tomorrow…..

its usually hell to get a shower /bike parking space/locker on these designated days….alls quiet until the next “designated day” though .

franki
    Free Member

I cycle to work every day, so no change here.

wiredog
    Free Member

As my ride to work will take in the Quantocks it would be rude not to participate

fathomer

I cycle pretty much every day, tomorrow I’m working from home. Oh well!

But as usual, the multi national company I work for, that promotes being green and reducing it’s carbon foot print blah blah blah, has done nothing for it 🙄

honeybadgerx

Will be heading off over the Pentlands into the burgh. ~30km each way, with a lot more climbing on the way back. Also going to have to cart in my work laptop which is a pain.

belugabob
    Free Member

26 miles each way, for me, with a climb of the Norths Downs just before I arrive at work.
    Will be driving the route (which is different to my normal driving route) on my way home tonight – then I’ll decide whether road conditions have been affected by the recent deluges.

Hoping that it’ll be alright – lights are on the road bike, but no mudguards as even the slightest bit of damp will see me driving in.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Doing the same 16 mile-each way commute I do every day. Good fun on lates though, last 10 miles on rural roads so on clear nights I kill the lights and ride home by moonlight.

Commute is the best bit of the working day for me 🙄

SaxonRider

I ride in every day, so more of the same I guess. 🙂

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I have no work to ride to 🙁 … can i still just ride instead ?

ads678

You could ride to the dole office!!

sorry.

oldbloke
    Free Member

working from home, my study is about 20 feet from the bedroom. But as the bike lives in the study I’ll use it just this once

pondo

24 mile round trip for me this year, same as last – 95 the year before, long day that was…. 🙂

Danny79
    Free Member

Will be enjoying the coffee and croissants they’re putting on for it but I ride in Monday – Wednesday. Thursday is Lordswood ride night and Friday drivers are a little more nuts.

zippykona

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    18 miles, same as every day, have Hallmark produced a card for the occasion?

POSTED 45 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

bikebouy
    Free Member

Maybe I ought to do a lap of Canary Wharf too then 😆

davosaurusrex

Hmmm, 37 miles each way for me. Done it 3 times now, enjoyed parts of it but hated parts of it every time, always when my back has had enough. Maybe….

lunge

Not for me tomorrow, I’m into taper mode after today’s ride in preparation for a ride this weekend and 40 miles each way tomorrow would not work overly well.

I suppose I could take my BMX and ride the last mole from the station, does that count?

mcj78
    Free Member

I’ll be doing my 20 mile each way commute, however for the last 2 months there’s been no hot water in the building due to a cock up during renovation works (so I have to take a detour to another building to get a shower) & they removed the lockable bike shed as it was in the way of some building works, so now I lock it to my desk in an already cluttered office… progress they call it

antigee

and ride the last mole from the station, does that count?

if you’ve got anything left to count with

njee20
    Free Member

Will be driving the route (which is different to my normal driving route) on my way home tonight – then I’ll decide whether road conditions have been affected by the recent deluges.
    Hoping that it’ll be alright – lights are on the road bike, but no mudguards as even the slightest bit of damp will see me driving in.

Really?! It’s early September, it’s not exactly gonna be impassable! MTFU.

I’ll be doing the 3.5 miles from Victoria to the office on the Brompton, as per. Miss proper commuting and it’s only been 2 months.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’ve organised three bike breakfasts at depots around the UK and will be riding 20 miles in and home again.

It’s hard being this wonderful.

stimpy
    Free Member

24 mile round trip, like I sometimes get to do when I’ve a paperwork day and not meeting clients.

br
    Free Member

You live in the UK, put mudguards on it… 🙄

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, even I’ve got mudguards on and I live 5mins away and it’s all paved over this way..

DezB
    Free Member

I normally do it, but I’m not going in to work tomorrow, so I can’t!

mjsmke

I started to ride in this time last year but after a back injury in January I had to stop. Backs still quite stiff and sore in the mornings but really want to start riding in again. There’s a nice 10 mile loop with a few hills I can do on the way home.

edhornby

I ride every day (6miles e/w, showers, locker, indoor bike shed, so no excuse) but definitely tomorrow

fixed gear if dry, cargo bike if wet 🙂

Sui
    Free Member

im in my “essex office” tomorrow – 54miles away. No.

TiRed

Recumbent Trike to head office; 15 miles each way (5 miles further than normal). Complementary towel waiting and one bike mile to be spent at the on-site Evans (who provide free servicing). No complementary breakfast as we’ve already had bike week. Yes we have it hard 😉

richmtb

I ride most days anyway.

It might be interesting to see if there are anymore cyclists than normal on my route. Normally I’m lucky to see 3 or 4 others.

My employer (large multi national) is doing naff all to support it though.

tthew

I sent a nice e-mail round to all the irregular riders to remind them. I may well start a thread here tomorrow entitled – show us you cycle to work day bike shed – so be prepared with a photograph in the morning.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

stumpy_m4 – Member
    I have no work to ride to … can i still just ride instead ?

Update on work situation , have induction tomorrow and start work again next week 🙂 … only out of work 4 days , and its local so bike only which is even better

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Cycle to Work Day tomorrow – plans?’ is closed to new replies.