Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cycle to Work: Bike upgrades
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I got my MTB through the cycle to work scheme and will soon own it outright. There are some more upgrades I want to make to the bike and I'm wondering if anyone's done this through the cycle to work scheme? Did you have to get all the bits you wanted in one batch or could you just fill out another form when you wanted to upgrade another component? Ta.

sl2000

You can only buy complete bikes on C2W – so you'd have needed to get the upgrades made when you first bought the bike.

gothandy

sl2000, I'm sure someone told me you can purchase any kit todo with commuting on the C2W, locks, waterproofs lights etc all count. But not sure about a fork upgrade 🙂

Reluctant
    Free Member

SL2000's correct; you can only do complete bikes on Cyclescheme. But once your current agreement is finished, you can do another one – so just buy a whole bike upgrade.

gothandy

sl200 is correct, you can purchase safety equipment with your bike, so a new helmet or nice night lights are about all the upgrade you can get.

[list]
    [*]Cycle helmets which conform to European standard EN 1078[/*]
    [*]Bells and bulb horns[/*]
    [*]Lights, including dynamo packs[/*]
    [*]Mirrors and mudguards to ensure riders visibility is not impaired[/*]
    [*]Cycle clips and dress guards[/*]
    [*]Panniers, luggage carriers and straps to allow luggage to be safely carried[/*]
    [*]Locks and chains to ensure cycle can be safely secured[/*]
    [*]Pumps, puncture repair kits, cycle tool kits and tyre sealant to allow for minor repairs[/*]
    [*]Reflective clothing along with white front reflectors and spoke reflectors[/*]
    [/list]

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Ok thanks I'll look into it more. Maybe I'll get a new bike and harvest the bits off it and sell the frame or something. Or maybe I'll just save the money I would have been spending and upgrade like that.

uplink
    Free Member

harvest the bits off it and sell the frame or something

worth remembering that it won't be yours to sell
    You're probably not likely to get caught though

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

worth remembering that it won't be yours to sell

Yeah true. I'll just have to save my pennies i think!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cycle to Work: Bike upgrades’ is closed to new replies.