Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cycle to work
  • seifahmad
    Free Member

Hi
    I have a cycle to work scheme I can enroll in. I don’t need a new bike but would like a new light (use Strada) and also would like a garmin 520.
    Can these be obtained on the cycle to work scheme without a bike?

Help and advice greatly appreciated.

Rubber_Buccaneer

According to my local shop light yes, garmin no. You may need lights to commute but you don’t need a cycle computer. There may be some guidance on the the HMRC site.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Here you go.

Cyclists’ safety equipment is not similarly defined in the legislation and a common sense approach should be taken to the equipment provided. This could include:
    • Cycle helmets which conform to European standard EN 1078
    • Bells and bulb horns
    • Lights, including dynamo packs
    • Mirrors and mudguards to ensure riders visibility is not impaired
    • Cycle clips and dress guards
    • Panniers, luggage carriers and straps to allow luggage to be safely carried
    • Child safety seats
    • Locks and chains to ensure cycle can be safely secured
    • Pumps, puncture repair kits, cycle tool kits and tyre sealant to allow for minor repairs
    • Reflective clothing along with white front reflectors and spoke reflectors

chudsy
    Free Member

Wiggle has a cycletowork website that only has what is allowed on. I’ve recently used it for an “accessory package” and it was fairly straightforward.

Rubber_Buccaneer

and for all the ‘guidance’ there is no definitive answer until HMRC come knocking. Find out who you will be buying from and check with them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cycle to work’ is closed to new replies.