Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cycle to work
  • christof
    Free Member

I have just bought myself a secondhand trek fuel ex6, only to find that when I turned up to work this morning, they are talking about getting the cycle to work scheme. Before they do it, they are.gauging the interest from staff.
    Obviously, I’m not in the market for a new bike (at least don’t think the misses would let me get away with another!) What I was wondering is are you able to just buy components and accessories the scheme?
    Cheers, Chris

scaled
    Free Member

No,

But seriously you’re not commuting on a fuel ex6 are you?!

cookeaa

Nope, you have to buy a bike under the rules, you can buy accessories at the same time, but you have to be buying a bike via the scheme…

But why not buy a cheap road bike through the scheme and save your posh new one from the ravages of the commute [/justification]

martymac

yeah like a cheap kids bmx for 70 quid and the rest on some dura ace, missus would never need to know surely?

palookah
    Free Member

There has been a recent change to the rules, you can now just obtain safety gear and components.

gearfreak
    Free Member

Earlier answers are incorrect, you can buy just accessories and safety equipment.

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/hmrc-clarifies-cycle-to-work-safety-equipment/014432

christof
    Free Member

Palookah and gearfreak, thanks for that!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cycle to work’ is closed to new replies.