Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cycle Systems 'Academy Course' – anyone done it?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Thinking about a career change (I say 'career' but TBH I don't really have one, I've been working in the travel industry for the past 10 years, currently a Store Manager, but rather tired of travel now, so time to move on to something new methinks)…

Been googling around a bit for options and came across the Cycle Systems 10 day 'City and Guilds VSQ in Cycle Maintenance and Repair' course, cost is £1165 or thereabouts… Would this be worth doing, with a view to either managing a bike store or maybe 'just' becoming a bike mechanic in a shop?

Anyone done this course? Or work in the trade and have an opinion to share?

cheers 🙂

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

I did their one day course the other day, and thought the standard of tuition was great, really felt I'd learned something. Tim the instructor was very knowledgable (able-to-tell-a-bike-by-its-rear-hangers-knowledgable!). Good set-up, central location, would recommend.

psychle
    Free Member

They're about 5 minutes from my doorstep which is nice… good to hear you found it useful 🙂

Anyone else have a thought to add?

ThatNiceMechanicMan
    Free Member

http://bit.ly/9z26rl jobs here too!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cycle Systems 'Academy Course' – anyone done it?’ is closed to new replies.