Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cycle socks and sunburnt ankles
  • Frisky
    Free Member

I’m no spanish cycling god with shaved legs and a sexy tan, just your typical English sunburnt idiot.

I have very pale skin so suntan lotion is a must and I’ve missed the area on the back of the ankle, very common I here for bikers. Doesn’t help that cycle socks are so low in their design.

Look after your exposed skin guys, ankle skin is so thin and on the bone it burns in no time with the weather we’ve been having and I was out on my bike for seven and a half hours! 🙁 It hurts.

RealMan
    Free Member

I was applying sun tan lotion everywhere when we were in france last year in july, but missed the spot my gloves dont cover up where the velcro bits stick together..

So when I came back, I had nicely tanned arms, white hands, with a little very badly burned spot in the middle on the back of my hand.

mrmo
    Free Member

worst case of sun burn i have had was in New Zealand, within 2hours of getting off the plane the skin on the top of my feet was burnt. The skin on my shins was pealing, scabby, weeping, a REALLY pleasant look.

Allied to the cycling tan i had developed with dodgy tan lines, a real mess.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Defeet High Top.

Or, to make your socks longer. Turn the sock inside out, and there will be some stitching about 1″ below the top of the sock. Cut this stitching out and turn the sock back out. Then neaten off the edges so that it doesn’t fray. Wollah, a longer pair of socks. (Roadie tip)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cycle socks and sunburnt ankles’ is closed to new replies.