Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cycle Show – London Excel – Today
  • Hornet600
    Free Member

As a cycle show, poor show really.
    Animal Relentess show was supberb as normal but the show was quite small and very little on the actual bike front.
    Highlight of the day was chatting to the bloke in charge of Singular and seeing the Ti 29er. With the niner forks on,mmmmhhhhh………how do I find £1,635?? 🙄

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

the last two sentences probably made the show for you hornet.its an expensive dayout though all the same.

restless
    Free Member

i went today too. i thought it was more just an outdoor show, with a few bikes in the corner.
    took me 4hrs to get there and ages to get parked, so was quite disappointed 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hornet600
    Free Member

Great show if you wanted a boat!! Just for the odd hundred thousand or so! May be millions looking at some of them!

Won’t be going again I don’t think.

jd-boy
    Free Member

I thought it was the Outdoor show, bike show is in Brum in October ?

Stoner
    Free Member

the boats are fantastic

I was on a stand earlier this week.

And you can have this for a lot less than £100,00, just drop me a line 🙂

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/london-bike-show-1

Hornet600
    Free Member

Cycle is in Brum, Oct.
    The was sold as the London cycle show, after the cycle show moved to Brum.
    Was heavily advertised on Bike Radar etc

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I went on Thursday as I had a free ticket. I was very disappointed with the bike show – it was just a few bikes in the corner. The outdoors show was better and the boat show was huge.

Highlight for me was walking round the boat show and overhearing:

“If you want it just order it, it’s only half a mill”.

Made me smile…

mudpup
    Free Member

The bike show at Excel was the bike trade dipping a toe in the water about using it to replace the “London” Bike Show (which is off to Birmingham this year). There are only a few distributors there this week with Madison being the main one. On Thursday – the trade day – there were plenty of the other distribs having a sniff around to check it out and the feel was that there will be a much bigger turnout next year.

br
    Free Member

We went today.

Glad it was with a mate who’d free tickets, although got a new USE Joystick for £80.

But the Sunseeker stand was stunning!

Blackhound

I went Thursday and also picked up a joystick for £80 and some meals to try out for bivying this spring from the outdoor side. I found it interesting as I not been to an outdoor show before and a while since I have been to a bike show. Boats were by far the biggest floor space but I did not bother with that side.

Mrs B lives near by so it cost me £1.30 on tube/DLR and about an hour each way plus the ticket price. Probably wouldn’t go next year as the bike side was the smallest section.

The Pegasus did look nice, didn’t ask the price as I knew I coudn’t afford it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cycle Show – London Excel – Today’ is closed to new replies.