Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • cycle show FAIL
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Enjoying mostly, but I’ve just been told that

wear in your pedal bearings WILL GIVE YOU KNEE PROBLEMS.

🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I was about to post the very same! Shouting at the TV here!

AARGH!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

yeah, but wear in your knees, will give you pedalling problems!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Have they got a pedal manufacturer on?

scaredypants

if you ride eggbeaters you fall off and bang your knees eventually, don’t you ?

crazy-legs

First part (talking to Roger Hammond about the Tour of Britain) was very good, the workshop thing was a bit cringeworthy. Although it sums up the vast majority of people who take their bikes into bike shops…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Like this interview now, though. Beaumont speaks very well.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

if you ride eggbeaters you fall off and bang your knees eventually, don’t you ?

So true, you can also hurt your knees whilst rummaging around in the undergrowth looking for the bits that fell off the spindle

emac65
    Free Member

So true, you can also hurt your knees whilst rummaging around in the undergrowth looking for the bits that fell off the spindle

LOL

cynic-al
    Free Member

Beaumont has made a career out of public/after dinner speaking no?

Sandwich

Girl behind Marc Beaumont looks nice too.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

And a worn chain means the cassette needs replaced as well, but no mention of chainrings 🙁

We know this programme is gubbins though so maybe we should stop moaning about it.

crazy-legs

And now Steve Peat. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And now Steve Peat.

For the record, I haven’t had him. 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

Patience dear boy…

larrythelathe
    Free Member

where was the button lift they were using for uplift?

cynic-al
    Free Member

No need for comments like that Flashie, you could be reported!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Oh, Peat dismissively came 38th in the Worlds, rather than ‘leading on time until an unfortunate crash’!

Sandwich

For the record, I haven’t had him.

Peaty says different! 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

So when is it okay to actually give up on the cycle show? We’ve got episodes of Chuck to watch on DVD.

crazy-legs

This is a good show actually, probably the best yet. Now they’ve got presenters like Jill Douglas, the features are a decent length and there’s good variety. Pro DHer, round the world cyclist, big fat bloke who lost weight and now BikeAbility with Paul Oldham’s kids.

Good balance, bit of appeal to everyone.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s certainly better. I consider myself more a cyclist that a motorist but I’d sooner watch topgear.

monkeyboyjc

Good balance, bit of appeal to everyone.

you see, thats where i think it fails, it tries to cater for all and doesnt do anything well. I usually just fast forward 95% (where they hark on about Wiggins and Cavandish)and only watch the ‘interesting’ bits. It doesnt help that they get Ana Nichoola to do the mtb / bmx bits.

But it seems that they are learning with each show and have paid attention to the criticism.

iain1775
    Free Member

Larrythelathe
    It was Sheffield Ski Village

cinnamon_girl

First time I’ve watched it since about the second episode and was pleasantly surprised.

The guests were interesting although it did look as though a tramp had gatecrashed (just behind the sofa). 😆

The advertising of G*nes*s and S*ot* on t-shirts was unnecessary!

project
    Free Member

a very good programe tonight ,and hopefully its getting more people on bikes.

rOcKeTdOg

So when is it okay to actually give up on the cycle show? We’ve got episodes of Chuck to watch on DVD

gave up after the 1st hour long one

bland

Its getting better.

Lets face it, for CRC to take a show from a whimsical dream to screen in two weeks in the face of a profit warning due to the advertising Wiggle were getting from the TDF coverage is pretty impressive!

Everyone is aware its fully funded by CRC arent they?

stratman
    Free Member

First one we’ve seen. Quite enjoyed it, and we’ll watch more, next week and on itv player. Do agree about the pedals tho’.

bellys
    Free Member

I got feed up with it after the 3rd show…not watched it since. It’s crap.

shifter
    Free Member

Everyone is aware its fully funded by CRC arent they?

Not me, no. Did you think I was aware?

Its getting better.

Agreed!

brakes
    Free Member

I thought it was good tonight. The best yet.
    The workshop bit was just plain wrong though. Replacing pedals because there is play – why not replace the bearings/ bushings? You can even buy rebuild kits. Replacing the cassette because the chain is overworn and caused excessive wear is fair enough but they should have explained that if you don’t let your chain get that bad, you don’t need to replace the cassette every time.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

but they should have explained that if you don’t let your chain get that bad, you don’t need to replace the cassette every time.

they pretty much said the opposite “people usually do them together”, well yes maybe if theyve let the chain get so bad the cassette is trashed. Notice they didnt give him a quote either!

They did a similar C2W slot last week with cringeworthy conversations between potential punters and shop, I genuinely found it too toe curling to watch.

Roger Hammond was very good.

druidh
    Free Member

Did he get his organ out?

bikebouy
    Free Member

First time I’ve actually sat trhough a whole programme “live” so to speak. Mind, mind there was nothing else on.

Best bit.. Well of course Roger H… and the sofas in LMNH, which is a vast improvement over the wooden chairs IMO. But then they have to kick people out to get the sofas in.. so on reflection..

Thought the presenters shirt was nice, trousers and shoes fail though.

Peaty, well once you’ve seen one interview, you’ve really seen them all, but I like what he’s doing with his support thingy..

Workshop, I’d say get someone on who can string a sentance together and it’s be ok to watch whilst you pour another beer..

Cervelo S1 Fail I’m afraid. Bought prolly cos’ he thought it “cool” rather than bought for a decent ride.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

First time I’ve watched it most of the way through, although I had to take a phone call during the workshop bit which sounds like it might have warped the experience slightly. I quite liked it, it was OK and well worth an hour of a Monday evening.

Does anyone else check their rollapolluza time against the guests?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I like the show, I know we’re not supposed to on here, but hey ho.

DezB
    Free Member

I know we’re not supposed to on here, but hey ho

Folk keep saying that – but you’re WRONG! We wanted to, oh how we so wanted to like The Cycle Show! We are just here to air our disappointment.

Anyway, who won the race at the end?

This thread and the answer to that will save me watching the Sky+ recording!

LapSteel
    Free Member

Its definitely getting better each week……still think they should have come up with something better for the finale than that silly sprint race!

Milkie
    Free Member

Anyway, who won the race at the end?

Mark won, by a couple of seconds, but still a couple of seconds off the leader.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘cycle show FAIL’ is closed to new replies.