Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cycle Promotions warehouse sales
  • BoardinBob

I spied in one of the mags that a company called Cycle Promotions are doing a travelling warehouse sale and they’re in Glasgow at the end of the month. I’ve been to these kind of things before (snowboard and golf stuff) and it’s generally cheaper brands or non branded stuff.

Has anyone been to one of the cycling sales before? Is it worth it?

http://www.cycle-promotions.co.uk/products.html

Gary_M
    Free Member

I was wondering that too Bob, as I noticed the one in the Gorbals on the 26th. I have visions of it being all gt85, race capes and skinwall tyres but I might be wrong.

fbk
    Free Member

Been to a few of these in the past.

Good for stocking up on spares as they usually have good deals on tools, tubes, GT85 etc etc.

Normally some good offers on clothes too if you get there early enough. Most stuff isn’t particularly “current” though.

BoardinBob

£25 for a pair of kevlar XC Pros is pretty damn good!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Went to the one in Southampton last year. It was good for buying consumables: oil, tubes, cleaning stuff. Clothes were a mixed bunch, not really cheap enough. Got a Park Tools track pump and a set of Fire XC’s for no money too. They have everything there though, from MTB groupsets to commuter gear. It’s probably not much cheaper than internet sales, but it’s nice to browse.

Gets busy though, go early.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

i recently went to their shop and got :-
    3 x shimano 9 speed chains £20
    3 x continental tubes £8
    3 x GT85 £5
    1 x deore 9 speed cassette £20
    1 x on-one mini multi tool £5
    1 x planet x bike bag £50

I usually pop along to their sales events, in the past I’ve bought SRAM/Shimano chains, cassettes, chainrings,Lake shoes, and various branded tyres. All at good prices. Especially chains.

Well worth a visit.

MoreCashThanDash

Worth a visit unless you wany really up to the minute stuff – trouble is, the Derby and Nottingham ones seem to come around within a month of each other, you’d think they’d spread them out a bit more!

thomthumb
    Free Member

last time i went there was good deals on mavic kysriums and lots of tyres. as above groupsets at internet prices and lots of spares. jerseys and shorts and shoes worth a browse and of course some tat, XXXL armwarmers anyone!?

worth a browse if you need to stock up on some spares etc.

BoardinBob

Sounds good!

footstomper
    Free Member

Been to a couple and found some good bargains especially in the parts section. The clothes are nothing to write home about but I did get a camelbak mule £25 quid cheaper than anywhere on the net 😀

Midnighthour
    Free Member

The set up of these sales is amazing. I have been to several. They usually hire a full size sports hall at the local leisure centre and fill it (and I mean fill it) with masses of stuff all laid out on tables. Loads of tills, take credit cards, a queue clearing rate that puts Tescos to shame and all the staff have been really nice. They travel from Barnsley to wherever and back home again the same day usually.

Worth a trip just out of curiosity to see the efficient set up!

FuzzyWuzzy

Found the couple I’ve been to pretty average, as has been said most of the stuff is old models/versions which is fine but you need to know how much they’re worth as I find you can usually get discontinued stuff cheaper on-line. Good just to spend some time on a weekend and stocking up on consumables but I wouldn’t go thinking you’ll stumble on a massive bargain like you might find at a jumble.

BoardinBob

BUMP

Just a wee reminder that this is on tomorrow

project
    Free Member

Just go, and on the approach to the venue youll see lots of people clutching, tyres, wheels, track pumps , and cans of gt oil, youd think the local bike shop had been ram raided, good value, long queues to get served, even though the staff are very fast and pleasant, they also have a warehouse in Barnsley to visit as well.

BoardinBob

Just back. Place was absolutely mobbed and there were quite a few bargains to be had.

2 x Schwalbe City Jet tires for the SS commuter £15
    2 x Muc Off type stuff £8
    Metal tire levers £1.99
    2 x Avid Juicy pads £9.99 each
    1 x padded bib shorts £20
    1 x White Lightning Lube £1.99
    3 x Inner tubes £6

Definitely worth a visit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cycle Promotions warehouse sales’ is closed to new replies.