Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cycle Documentary
  • octoberf
    Free Member

Hi all,

I'm a Producer at October Films, a documentary production company. I'm looking into a documentary about the life cycle of a bicycle for a national broadcaster. This includes bike theft. I'd like your input, just for research purposes at first.

I'm looking at several bike theft hotspots. Obviously Brick Lane and the surrounding area, also Bristol, Oxford, Edinburgh.

I'm interested in the idea that we expect our bikes to get stolen when we buy them, and there's this infernal and incessant game occuring where both cyclists and thieves are turning to ever more sophisticated and audacious methods to secure or liberate bikes.

If anyone has a story of bike theft or rescue that they think is interesting, please do PM me or post on this thread. If you feel strongly about the issue, have had many bikes stolen or know someone who has, or have any other information on the bike trade you think I should be aware of, please share it with me. Obviously I am looking through the threads, but it'd be great if people could come forward too.

I was also told by someone that there's a website where stolen bikes in Bristol end up, and that the Singletrack Forum users were likely to know wher I could find thsi. If anyone can help, again PM me.

Looking forward to hearing your response.

Cat

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

I was also told by someone that there's a website where stolen bikes in Bristol end up, and that the Singletrack Forum users were likely to know wher I could find thsi.

Mr Agreeable 'll be along in a minute.. in the meantime here's his aforementioned site:

http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com/

BillyBull
    Free Member

Mine got nicked but I caught him. Had a string of offences but got off with next to nowt. Make sure you mention there's no real deterent for these scrotes. Next time I'll just give some summary justice. I was off to France on a biking holiday that day so I was lucky.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cycle Documentary’ is closed to new replies.