Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cycle commuting to chester
  • slackboy

I’m about to move offices and I’ll be working one day a week in Chester. I can’t commute from home as its 70 miles each way, but I’d like to be able to park up 10ish miles away and cycle the rest of the way.

Does anyone have any suggestions for (free) places to park and routes in? I’ll be coming from the North East side of chester via the M56

commander
    Free Member

More like 15 miles – but off at junction 12 or 14 |(there is no 13!) and park up in Frodsham or anywhere between Frodsham and Helsby. Frodhsam is handy as loads of free on street parking and only 5 minutes off junction 12. Then straight along the A56 to the ring roads around chester, nice roads too up through bridge trafford and mickle trafford and you pass a half decent bike shop “Bike Logic” in Helsby.

Other 10 mile option is park up at the M56 Services at junction 14, there are two routes in – first one is go south east over the motorway roundabout and after a half mile you will meet the route coming in from Frodsham but have cut 5 miles off. Alleged 2 hour maximum parking at the services tough – I’e never been hit though, and a word with the services manager if you were there most days may avoid this. Other route is go north west past Shell Stanlow (hold your breath) and in on the main roads (well signed) after that, not a nice route though.

po8748850

+1 for Frodsham but nice if you go up Frodsham hill to Overton, Manley Road to Manley, NCR70 to Mickle Trafford then pick up the Millennium Greenway S of Mickle Trafford (on the road to Guilden Sutton) direct into Chester. This is not the flat part of Cheshire though! Return leg is nearly all uphill. But very light on traffic.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cycle commuting to chester’ is closed to new replies.