• This topic has 25 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by kcr.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Cycle commuter numpty of the day thread.
  • ton

Domestic street leeds
    grey suit, with a hump backpack and a yellow helmet
    pedestrian lights on red
    2 kids nearly wiped out

Mr grey suit, i hope bad juju pays you a visit.

njee20
    Free Member

Don’t get it? Pedestrian lights on red? As in he jumped a red light, or he had right of way and 2 kids walked out? In which case numpty kids surely?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I think ton is saying that the lights were on a pedestrian crossing, red against the cyclist.

Numpty indeed.

ton

i slowed to a stop at the lights which were on red, he overtook me on the right, whilst the kids walked onto the crossing.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Similar one for me this morning, along “The Cut” from Waterloo. Traffic stopped at a zebra crossing, cyclist barrelling along the middle of the road unsighted for the crossing had to slam on the anchor to avoid hitting a pedestrian, only just made it by a whisker.

Needless to say, I took the opportunity to enlighten him as to his innermost character…

shermer75
    Free Member

I think this sort of thing is so bad. If you are going to jump a red light (which I already disagree with) at least check to make sure it’s clear first. Ungh!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

along “The Cut” from Waterloo.

My current route as well….

What are you on? Black and red Brompton here…..

fasthaggis

Hope you gave him a primal scream Ton 😉
    The power of projected voice is a wonderful thing. 🙂

eyerideit
    Free Member

I often gat asked at work if cyclists are exempt from stopping for pedestrians.

To which my reply is yes, but only if they’re selfish inconsiderate ***ts.

My grey suit obviously falls in to this category.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What are you on? Black and red Brompton here…..

Black Brompton (not up to speed for the full bike commute yet). Camelback. Olive peaked cap with head light. Olive & black shorts. Usually into the Cut at about 07:55…

Goatee… 😯

verses

Saw similar this morning.

Stopped at the lights, ped walks out then stops in the road. I couldn’t understand why he was looking in my direction in a panicked way until some nerk bombs past us both (weaves from my right to ped’s left).

Ped says to me “He must be **** colour-blind”, at least he didn’t make a generic #bloodycyclists comment.

Although as a colour-blind person I obviously took massive offense 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wopster, bit early for me!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah, me too! 😕

bencooper
    Free Member

Years ago, when riding to Uni – it was early in the morning (11am), I stopped at the red light and had a big stretch and a yawn, neatly taking out the idiot who was racing past me to jump the red light.

It’s still funny 18 years later…

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

for this thread to be a success we need pics.

beefheart
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/0npCFw9TEnA[/video]

ton

plenty on there deserve bad juju i reckon.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I had some guy ride in to the back of me as I slowed to stop at a red pedestrian crossing. Luckily I was unhurt and stayed upright but the guy hit the ground quite hard and was holding his shoulder when he got up.

As he limped off to the pavement he muttered an apology, something along the lines of ‘Sorry, I didn’t expect you to stop’.

None of the pedestrians who were crossing and had seen the whole thing asked him if he was ok/offered help and I hesitated before I did.

loddrik
    Free Member

I do run red lights, but never at speed and never in a way that puts other at risk.

njee20
    Free Member

it was early in the morning (11am)

😆

I really like the idea of clotheslining someone (under the presence of a stretch) as they RLJ. Massively satisfying I imagine!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I really like the idea of clotheslining someone (under the presence of a stretch) as they RLJ. Massively satisfying I imagine!

I intend to replicate it! 😈

shermer75
    Free Member

I intend to replicate it!

With you all the way 😉

Hells

In the last week I’ve seen the same guy on the A61 between Clay Cross & Alfreton, 3 times. At about 5:00, so it’s dark, no street lights wearing black, no lights, no helmet. I’m amazed he’s still alive!!

devash
    Free Member

Domestic street leeds
    grey suit, with a hump backpack and a yellow helmet
    pedestrian lights on red
    2 kids nearly wiped out

Mr grey suit, i hope bad juju pays you a visit.

So funny, I just posted in another thread about how bad Leeds is for red light-jumping cyclists.

nedrapier

I’m a cycle commuter, and I got the tube in this morning.

How stupid is that?!

kcr
    Free Member

Every cycle commuter I saw today was riding along, obeying the law and minding their own business. Just a normal day.
    Meanwhile, motorists will be responsible for the majority of red light jumping and another 6 deaths or so? Are they exempt from the rules of the road that apply to the rest of us?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Cycle commuter numpty of the day thread.’ is closed to new replies.