Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cycle clubs in Shropshire
  • Mounty_73

Does anyone have any info/experience of any road cycling clubs in Shrewsbury/Shropshire, ideally for beginners?

I’m a mountain biker, but I have been riding a road bike for the last few months and I’m thinking of joining a group ride, but I have never done it before and I have always felt a little intimidated by roadies.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Mid shropshire wheelers.Or Paramount are very active and have regular rides going from Stan Jones/Trek Store for all abilities.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Yep those two are the main ones, but there’s some great MTB clubs. Pop into the Trailhead bike shop or Dave Mellors and ask about their shop rides or the Wild Wednesday Wheelers.

Haze

Paramount kit is nicer if that counts!

nevisthecat
    Free Member

I’m in Paramount. Its a club that covers all abilites from completely new riders to a decent bunch of racers.

Have a look on the FB page and website.

We meet at Stans bike shop at 9am Saturday. Plenty of us mtb as well.

nevisthecat
    Free Member

Ps i would be happy to introduce you. Theyre a friendly and very mixed bunch.

We also drink beer and eat chips.

Mounty_73

Ps i would be happy to introduce you. Theyre a friendly and very mixed bunch.

We also drink beer and eat chips.

Great, I will probably take you up on that offer. I did post something up on FB last night too. Cheers for the replies. 🙂

nevisthecat
    Free Member

Cool. I’ll have a look on our FB page and find you

nevisthecat
    Free Member

If i cant find your post just send a message and as a committee member i can pick it up amd reply

Mounty_73

Thanks, but my post has been removed, however I have been in contact with a lady called Elly through FB 🙂

nevisthecat
    Free Member

She’s the membership secretary. You’re in good hands 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cycle clubs in Shropshire’ is closed to new replies.