Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • "Cycle Active" magazine – anyone else read it?
  • RustySpanner

Have bought the last two issues and I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

It's a roadie mag, seems to be aimed at the Cycling Plus readership, but bi-monthly.

Some very good training/health articles and some controversial reviews:
    Specialized Tricross got a proper slagging off in the last one, can't remember the last time I saw a negative Specialized review and never heard a bad word said about the Tricross, apart from the front brake.
    One of the Genesis road bikes got an 'interesting' mixed appraisal, and they loved the Surly Cross-Check.
    Nice to see some less obvious bikes tested, like the Ribble Audax and a Dawes Century.

Seem to speak as they find, without fear of offending anyone – makes a refreshing change from some of the mainstream mags TBH.

Some decent roadie routes included as well.

Believe it's by the Cycling Weekly lot, which seems a bit odd – apart from the Dr Hutch bit at the back, I find that about as interesting as 'Paperclip World'.

Anyone else read it?

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I had just assumed this was produced by the Cycling Plus people splitting the content of cycling plus up, as a way of getting folks to buy 2 magazines a month from them instead of 1. Am I mistaken then?

I must admit my bike magazine purchases have dropped like a stone the last few months, as there is only so much people can say about cycling, before writing in a circle and I have got to that 'reading point'.

RustySpanner

I agree about the writing yourself into a corner thing.

Only so many 'Trail Bike of the Year'/'Which long forked Hardtail?' articles I can read before running screaming from the newsagents.

Liked this one because it seems a bit different from the usual and they do seem to tell it like they see it – makes a refreshing change.
    Style and layout obviously 'borrowed' from Cycling Plus though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘"Cycle Active" magazine – anyone else read it?’ is closed to new replies.