Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cycle 2 Work question (in theory)
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Hi so i ride to work on a daily basis but my company do not offer the cycle to work scheme, my dad's however does. Could he do the scheme through his work but me use the bike? i would obviously pay the monthly amount to my dad.

My bike died last week and it would cost more than the bike is worth to fix it.

I don't want to do anything illegal or get my dad in trouble so i thought i'd ask on here first.

Houns

No

Underhill
    Free Member

Yes.

Just because it's against the spirit (& letter) of the scheme doesn't mean it can't be done.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

really it is within the scheme as the bike is solely for cycling to work, does it matter who is riding it as long as the monthly sacrafice is made and the bike is used to ride to work on?

druidh
    Free Member

MoseyMTB – Member

I don't want to do anything illegal or get my dad in trouble so i thought i'd ask on here first.

If he used it for commuting, there's nothing to stop him lending it to you at other times. The law in this case would be that he had to use it for more journeys than you did.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

You just need to remember that your dad will essentially be hiring it off his employer until the final paperwork is done a year down the line. The bike is owned by the company participating in the scheme.

It is possible, though your father will be outside of the 'rules'

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

druidh, cheers mate, that put's that to bed then.

Best get back onto my employer to go with the scheme.

Thanks for the help guys.

jamesy01
    Free Member

It's really easy to set your own scheme up if your employer is a small business.
    I got a series of forms from EBC, altered them to suite our office and bought the bike with a company credit card.
    Salary sacrifice was easy to impliment through the pay roll system and our office has had 4 bikes out it over the last 3 years……hopefully soon to be 5 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cycle 2 Work question (in theory)’ is closed to new replies.