Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cycke to work – top up…
  • bennyjamboy
    Free Member

Looking to buy myself a nice new racer for around £1600.

My work only allow max of £1k voucher.

What stores allow you to top up? Is Planet X one of them?

Cheers!

Bregante

They probably wouldn’t appreciate people mentioning it on here if they did. It’s against the rules you see, and is probably one reason why the scheme is no longer as tempting a prospect as it once was. That said, if that’s what You want to do, ask in store.

riddoch

Legally I didn’t think any of them would but some would give you a massive discount on the bike as long as you bought something else at a price inflated to match the discount.
    The problem is that in theory your employer owns the bike and “rents” it back to you, kind of leaves your extra cash in limbo.
    Also be aware the VAT rules have changed so the amount you pay back is greater than has been in the past.

Euro
    Free Member

Planet X is one of them.

Something to be aware of though is because they sell bikes with a low profit margin, the admin/handling fee (approx 10%) is deducted from the value of the voucher. So a £1,000 voucher is valued at £900 against a bike you buy from them, making the top-up a little more expensive. Might not be an issue with another supplier (but this cost will be added to the purchase price).

The changing VAT rules mean you don’t save as much as before but it works out at roughly 25% off which isn’t to be sniffed at. Pity it takes so long. I’m into my 3rd week of waiting for my voucher.

wwaswas

top up is a bit difficult – who owns the bike if you leave the employer?

convert

More than £1k on a bike to commute to work is quite a lot. Am assuming that’s what you want to use this bike to work bike for?…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cycke to work – top up…’ is closed to new replies.