Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • CyB tomorrow… a good idea?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Looking at this, I’m really not sure. But try to convince me..! 🙂

fd3chris
    Free Member

It’s always worth going there. Always.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Do you not own a jacket?

nickc

if it makes you feel better I’ll be at Antur being blown off the hill, and I’m still going .

nickjb
    Free Member

I’d rather be at CyB than Antur in that weather. The trails are pretty waterproof at CyB and a lot is in the trees

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Biblical amounts of rain coinciding exactly with prime riding hours, sleeping in the back of mini afterward… and carrying a sprained ankle… Hmmm… 😐

Was really hoping I’d be able to nail the CyB + Marin Trail / Sat + Sun weekend I’ve been planning to do for the last 6 weeks.

There’s not going to be many ‘nice’ weekends left to do this this year now!

Perhaps I’m just gonna have to Man The F Up.

P-Jay
    Free Member

no_eyed_deer – Member

Biblical amounts of rain coinciding exactly with prime riding hours, sleeping in the back of mini afterward… and carrying a sprained ankle… Hmmm…

Was really hoping I’d be able to nail the CyB + Marin Trail Sat/Sun weekend I’ve been planning for the last 6 weeks.

There’s not going to be many ‘nice’ weekends left to do this this year now!

Nah, sod that in fairness, there comes a point when it’s no longer fun, rough sleeping and bonk ankle would push that over the line for me. Leave it a week, South Wales at least is due another ‘Spanish Plume’ starting wednesday, you might be luckier.

jekkyl

I wouldn’t deer, not if you’re traveling to get there. When riding in heavy rain you go round trying to convince yourself you’re having fun and sometimes you do but mostly you do not and you’re just running water and grit into your drive train. If you’ve the weekend off to go riding look at the where the weather’s better and head there… the peak is mostly rock and usually water proof for eg.

fd3chris
    Free Member

If you wimp out 😉 stay local and do the new woburn link and get home after.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

What site is that forecast from?

phiiiiil

It’s not the riding in the rain that I object to, it’s the getting back when everything – bike, rider, stuff, clothes, everything – is soaked through, gritty and muddy and thinking “what do I do now?”.

It’s fine if you’re doing that at home, a B&B, van or something, but doing so from just a car that you intend to sleep in goes over the threshold for me…

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

What site is that forecast from?

yr.no

(Norwegian) THE best weather forecasting site, eva… 🙂

Hmmmm… yeah. I was kinda hoping this little trip would be a bit of fun, a treat even.. 😆 I haven’t ridden up there for a year and it’s at least a 6 hour round trip in the car, so it should be more about fun rather than suffering.

I’m might choose the better part of valour – and scrub the idea for this weekend. Hopefully we’ll get another Spanish plume sometime soon… 😐

Woburn link you say… What is this..? 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘CyB tomorrow… a good idea?’ is closed to new replies.