Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • CYB enduro
  • matther01
    Free Member

What are you riding, HT or FS?

Also, does anyone know the routes/sections it goes along (first time at this enduro, but have ridden CYB a few times).

Cheers

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Shall be riding my only bike a FS. It’s non competitive so I’m not really bothered about what bike or even the route.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Starts near the go ape centre up the fire road skirts the mbr then out of the forestry along an old road and then on a Tarmac road near a chapel, ( penstryd ). Used some old Forrest road and a mixture of mbr, with a big bottle neck on the track down to the stone bridge. Then goes through the outskirts of llanfachreth before working back to the red bull side.
    Sorry it’s a bid vague but you get the idea.

It’s a good challenge and you see a lot of new areas.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Done it the past 2 years. This will be my 3rd. Riding my enduro expert 29er. Really looking forward to it. Looking for sub 4 hours for the long route.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I rode the first few years, but have decided not to this year. It took in hefty amounts of cyb trails, and some really good riding, including some particularly good off piste stuff, but I just didn’t massively enjoying riding with loads and loads of people. I rode my only bike: a 140mm FS, all 1×10 (34×11-36) short stem and wide bars. Was, as ever, the perfect bike 😉

matther01
    Free Member

Sub 4hrs?!…I’m aiming for sub 5hrs

Thinking FS might be the way to go.

bol

My mate and I were planning to be at CYB for the day next Sunday, and I hadn’t realised this was happening. So, a bunch of questions:

1. Will most of the regular trails be open?
    2. We will be on hardtails, and although we ride all of the red trails happily, I’m a bit anxious on blacks (more about injury/work than anything else). Would I be out of my depth bike/balls-wise?
    3. Neither of us have done an enduro before. Is this one that different from something like the Bonty 24/12 in technical terms?
    4. This is the biggie – neither of us have trained at all. I’ve been riding once a week for a couple of hours, a bit of commuting and a spinning class. My mate hasn’t really been on the bike for months. He is usually faster than me and has more skill though. Will we die?

dti

You will survive, and have quite a good time in the process, the long route would be quite tough, the short route ok.

fbk
    Free Member

Did the first one on my full sus. This time in going for the hard tail. There’s a fair bit of fire road /tarmac and the descents are likely to be fairly steady due to traffic. Plus I need all the help I can get on the climbs 🙂

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

I’m signed up for this but not really convinced it’s going to be that great…

I’m no XC whippet so any ups will be a steady pace, but I do enjoy cracking on when it gets steep so hoping it isn’t going to be a long line of people getting off half way down something mildly steep…

Went to CYB for the first time a couple of weeks back and have to say I wasn’t blown away by MBR either – hopefully the route will take in a bit more natural stuff.

tomaso
    Free Member

I’ll be there on my Enduro doing long course. Riding is good and CyB is always fun.

I’ve been going to CyB since it opened and it was fine on a hard tail back then and it was fine last year too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘CYB enduro’ is closed to new replies.