Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • CX/Road disc wheels
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

For toughness and lightness does anything else beat the kinesis crosslight v3 in that price range??

blahblahblah
    Free Member

Not that I’ve found. A good bit lighter than a Magic Aksium Disc for about £80 more.

I like mine enough to be buying another pair for the wife next month.

trickydisco
    Free Member

These handbuilts cost me £200 and they are really nice (they didn’t have the kinesis in stock when i needed them)

Spokes – £12.90 (aci alpina)
    Rims – £100
    Hubs – £90

and some beer for my mate who built them (he read the roger musson book)

shermer75
    Free Member

Trickydisco what rims are they?

houndlegs
    Free Member

They look like h plus sons archetypes. I’ve just had a set built myself as it happens.

ceepers
    trickydisco
    Free Member

They look like h plus sons archetypes.

Yep. Got them form rave reviews on forums. been Using the wheels everyday commuting to work (20-30 miles a day) and they’ve been faultless

kcal

H Plus Sons here. rock solid on CX / rough road duties, and for road spinning as well. Very impressed. Have clattered into some big potholes with no ill-effects.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Cheers. May give my LBS a shout to see how much they’d charge to build some archetype on novatech.

kcal

I got my wheels from JRA, I needed them pretty quickly (for a multi-day on/off-road trip) and there was no guarantee that my LBS could organise getting the rims and hubs in time, plus build them..

monkeychild
    Free Member

I ended up getting the kinesis CX v3. My lbs has shut down 🙁 I have to say they are a damn sight lighter than the OEM tanks. They spin nicely too. I’m looking forward to riding them.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the V3s dropped 600grms from the OE wheels on my Hack 2 😯 Also got some Archetype rims sat waiting to be built up on Novatecs.

cp

Spokes – £12.90 (aci alpina)

Where did they come for so little money?

isitafox
    Free Member

Pacenti SL25, I’m getting a set built on some Hope hubs come next payday!

houndlegs
    Free Member

@cp, have a look at http://www.cyclebasket.com/m9b0s454p0/Components_/Spokes_-_Stainless_Steel_Double_Butted_-_Silver_ spokes for cheap alpina spokes. Make sure you phone him to check stock, its like bloody aladins cave in there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘CX/Road disc wheels’ is closed to new replies.