Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cx (winter) glove recommendations
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Bit early given it was scorching here today but cx season starts soon ad looking for glove recommendations. Heard these were good, anything else worth looking at? used troy lees last year, fine for earlier rounds but when it it started to get cold and then when it snowed they just weren’t up to the job. Also be good to use them for cx training rides and winter road rides, ta.

cynic-al
    Free Member

chiba

crikey
    Free Member

Very untrendy, very unsexy, but the best proper foul weather gloves for biking I ever bought were a pair of £3:00 Thinsulate fleece gloves from a market stall.

I’ve had Chiba ‘waterproof gloves’ and they were not very waterproof or very warm and taking them off when wet made them unusable.

Thick fleecey Grandma gloves keep the water off until they get soaked through, then you clench your fist and squeeze the water out and start again.

Try some; for a few quid it’s worth it.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Prendas Super Roubaix are really good gloves. Hard wearing and warm….had a pair for a year, and they look like new after loads of use and washes

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?typ=typ&fkid=20&ID=676

MSP

Pearl izumi select sofshell lite gloves, no insulation just a thin softshell material to keep the wind and most of the rain out, and a snug fit (I hate bulky gloves).

fontmoss
    Free Member

prendas and pearl izumi look good, either got any padding out of interest?

Northwind

The mighty Fox Antifreeze… Bit pricey and they don’t last brilliantly (2 winters in and mine are pretty much dead) but they’re extremely warm, they’re water-resistant, windproof, and yet they just feel like normal gloves.

(I have bad circulation in my hands, only 2 gloves have ever kept me comfortably warm in winter and the other pair are motorbike winter gloves!)

MSP

No padding in the pearl izumi ones.

toby1

I moved onto a warmish glove and liner glove at the end of last year, pretty much the day it stopped being cold so I haven’t had much time to verify the setup – but this might be easier for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cx (winter) glove recommendations’ is closed to new replies.