Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • CX Wheels – Advice please
  • Oscar
    Free Member

I want a set of cx wheels for a project I have in mind, but not knowing a lot about cx bikes etc I’m a bit stuck.
    I’ll need a pair of wheels that can be used with discs, something that is quite tough and fairly cheap (this will be a cheap build).
    Could you suggest either an ‘Off the peg’ set and/or the rims/hubs I should be looking for if I choose to go custom build

Many thanks

qwerty
    Free Member

most CX frames will be 130mm rear end spacing & most disc hubs will be 135mm – but then if you’ve got disc mounts already it’ll probably be 135mm

2.5mm splay of frame won’t hurt

deore disc hubs, stainless spokes, Mavic CPX 22 or Open Sport rims

Oscar
    Free Member

Sorry forgot to say the frame I have is 135mm. I’ll have a look on crc for those qwerty thanks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Lx are much better sealed than deore and worth it in the long run. I’d avoid deep section rims for comfort.

johnners
    Free Member

A Shimano hub to suit your wallet and Open Pro rims. With DT Revolution spokes. Very sturdy, reasonably priced.

crazy-legs

A disc hub of your choice – Shimano, Hope, Goldtec etc depending on budget.
    Rim – either Open Pro or Open Sport will do the job very well, Sports being considerably cheaper.
    Spokes – DT Revolution or Sapim Race depending on what you/your wheelbuilder prefers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘CX Wheels – Advice please’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts