Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • CX tyres – conti cross speed or small block 8 ?
  • iainc

On my Croix de Fer. The 35c cross speeds it came with are great for my needs, if a little bulky on the fork in dirty stuff, and need replaced. Tempted by 32c small block 8’s for a little more clearance. Used for mix of road and tame off road. I have touring tyres for touring and crosskings for rougher off road. Anyone tried cross speeds vs. small block 8’s ?

singletracksurfer

I really like the sb8 in the dry.
    Nice and fast on various surfaces.

MoreCashThanDash

SB8 on my Arkrose rode really well. After a couple of thousand commuting miles they seemed to get quite puncture prone.

Not tried the others so can’t comment

MoreCashThanDash

Should have added that I replaced the SB8 with Sammy Slicks. Quite, er, slick off road!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

SB8’s are going cheap on Halfords at the moment with their 20% off offer.

iainc

Thanks for info. Yes, spotted the Halfords deal earlier so just keen for some views before ordering.

Nipper99
    Free Member

My sb8s were great but swapped them for some slant 6s for the winter and just kept on with them till they wore out, thinking about trying some happy mediums (have a set of land cruisers on at the moment which are a bit agricultural.

rockhopperbike

hmm, got SB8 – was thnking of the landcruisers next- looking for faster rolling-whaddya reckon

1-shed
    Free Member

Happy medium 700×40 only one ride in but roll well, plenty comfort but too soon in to give further views.

iainc

Small block 8’s just ordered from Halfords, thanks all.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

what sort of pressures are you running your SB8’s ?

iainc

andy – i am running the Conti’s at about 70 so would be planning on same for SB8’s. I reckon any less would be pinch flat prone

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

2 x Rocket Rons – 700×35 – £20

Ebay – 361002135262

Not bad for the ££

back2basics
    Free Member

SB8’s on mine, fast road , fast hard packed/gravel
    run max psi on mine.

rockhopperbike

SB8- 70-80 psi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘CX tyres – conti cross speed or small block 8 ?’ is closed to new replies.