Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • cx tyre reccomendations
  • iainc

with a ‘proper’ road bike on the way I am looking to put my Jake the Snake back to cross mode. Not for racing, but combination of road/fireroad/paths/some family rides with the kids – nowt too rough – I’ve got mountain bikes for that 😆

I have Gatorskin 28’s for purely road use and Spesh Borough 32’s when I use it for touring. It originally came with Maxxis Locust’s which seemed ok – looking for reccomendations for a well priced do it all type tyre with a bit more off road/rougher stuff ability than the Boroughs please

Thanks

stever
    Free Member

The Locusts are pretty good and let you ride it a bit more like a mountain bike. Big volume, decent tread. Poor in cloggy mud. For a ‘riding around’ bike, I wouldn’t get too bothered about tyres though.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i really like small block 8s. they are light and cheap (at CRC). obviously not the best in mud but better than you might expect.

they have a nice profile to them so they lean well if used on tarmac unlike the contis i had before which were v squirmy on the edges

mocha
    Free Member

Landcruisers!

iainc

LOL – they would weigh more than the bike 😆

Locusts seem to be discontinued now….

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’ve got Maxxis Raze on my CX bike. Reasonable all rounder for the money, although I’ll be swapping them for something a bit more capable in the mud for next season I think.

mav12
    Free Member

i use small block 8s similar use to what you want find them fine but they are not cheap now at crc 👿

cynic-al
    Free Member

SmLOL Block 8s, light, cheap (once), roll well, grippy enough.

I liked my Cconti Race/Speed King in 35c too.

I don’t like spending much on them as they seem fragile.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘cx tyre reccomendations’ is closed to new replies.