Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cx sizing for 5'3" woman
  • el_boufador

Hello, as title, my wife wants to get a cx bike but I’ve no idea of sizing. Any rough ideas?
    She’s fairly standardly proportioned!

I know it’s all personal and that, and will research further, but Im just looking for ball park.

Thanks!

aP
    Free Member

Something around a 48cm frame. That’s what herself rides – although some manufacturers call this XS.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’m 5ft 4 and have a Focus Maeres in XS. Remember they should be a bit smaller too so maybe even a XXS (which Focus ) do. Where are you in the country? If in Cardiff Cyclopedia is the CX shop to go to!

dovebiker

I’m of similar stature – the problem is that the combination of big tyres, slightly higher BB, avoiding front wheel overlap means that getting it all together with a toptube less than 53cm can be tricky. 10 years ago it was very difficult, less so now with the growth in gravel / adventure bikes. I would find a dealer who have bikes in stock / bike fit service. The likes of Specialized and Trek probably do women’s models with suitable bars, saddle, short-reach levers etc that means you don’t have to spend further money on parts to get the fit right.

LS
    Free Member

Beware going too small as with a sloping top tube she might not be able to get it on the shoulder effectively.

el_boufador

great thanks all,
    It’ll be for gravel riding / touring rather than CX racing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cx sizing for 5'3" woman’ is closed to new replies.