Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • CX shoe /pedal combo
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

Wonder if anyone could give some advice on what sort of shoe/pedal combo i should be looking at for Cyclocross? Should i be looking at MTB pedals and shoes or Roady stuff? Will be using them for a bit of racing so the ability to run, cip out and back in fairly easily.

Edric64
    Free Member

MTB shoes, roady stuff wont be any good if there are any run ups ,unless you like going A over T on stuff like steps

scotroutes

Crank Bros Candies were often the preferred pedal. Don’t know if that’s still the case.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    breatheeasy
    Free Member

Definitely not roadie stuff! Shoes are hard enough to walk in on a road, let alone mud!

benji
    Free Member

Egg beaters, fours sides to stamp on and get clipped in, and never found any mud to completely stop them from working yet. Shoes prefer shoes that take studs for when it’s really muddy, but sometimes studs are no good, as in the cobbles at todmorden.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I just use normal MTB SPD’s and some old Specialized shoes that will take studs in the toes. No problems so far.

If you’re looking for some cheap shoes, the Scott ones that Start Cycles were selling for about £30 are almost identical to the Specialized version that sells for 4x the price! I’ve got a set of them as spares as my Spesh ones are pretty much done for now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Similar needs to my new bike, not exactly cx, but……

I went for Spesh S-works mtb shoes (the 2015s are markedly better than 2014) and Time XC8.

Essentially a road shoe with tread and room for studs, and simply the best mud shedding pedals out there.

scotroutes

FTFY

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How so?

I’ve been running Times for ages. Never clog in mud or snow, bearings last seemingly forever and never seem to need servicing. Add in lightness, adjustable tension and excellent float, and I reckon that I’m right!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘CX shoe /pedal combo’ is closed to new replies.