Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • CX Hub spacing, want disc wheels and not sure on which hubs to buy
  • marionheck
    Free Member

Need some help with getting disc brakes on my cx bike. I have a Planet X Uncle Jack bike, it already has the disc mount on the back, and I will buy some new forks with the mounts on the front.

What I am struggling with is the wheels. I am going to get some open pro rims but no sure what hubs will fit the frame. What are the spacings on the cx frame compared to the mtb frame? Would something like Hope Pro II fit?

Any help or suggestions for decent cx disc wheels would be appreciated.

firestarter
    Free Member

Pretty sure the rear on uncle john is 135mm anyway mate

pypdjl
    Free Member

Uncle Johns take normal mtb hubs, so 135mm OLD for the rear hub. I have hope XCs in mine, proIIs would be fine.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I would suggest that anyone who designs a frame with disc tabs and doesn’t use 135mm rear spacing or greater deserves a bit of a slap.

marionheck
    Free Member

awesome, so i just need to use a mtb hub on a 700cc wheel. good stuff and thank you very much. I am using a road spaced 130mm hub at present, i suppose i just compressed teh drop outs teh extra 5mm to fit then.

cheers

and excited person off to crc

Onzadog
    Free Member

Guess it would be okay on a steel frame but I wouldn’t want to do it on an alloy frame if it was mine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘CX Hub spacing, want disc wheels and not sure on which hubs to buy’ is closed to new replies.