Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • CX Hub advice. 10/11 speed compatibility
  • beagle
    Free Member

About to make the very expensive leap to 11 speed on the CX. Just about got it all covered off and then thought about the hub. Currently running 135mm m785 32H centre lock with 10spd ultegra cassette. Not a great fan of shimano hubs, but doubt I’d be able to afford much else.

I guess the m785 is not 11 speed road compatible?

Does anyone have any 135mm hub suggestions for use with 11 speed road cassette? I could do with the hub fairly quickly and the m8000 isn’t available yet it seems. Assuming that is compatible?!

Any thoughts from the massive? Any input much appreciated!

simondbarnes

I bought a novatec hub from a UK bike shop on eBay when I upgraded to 11spd and hydraulic brakes on my cross bike.

kilo

it’s a pita, did a thread here recently on similar subject for wifes new bike – not much joy. IIRC You can break the 11 speed down to 10 to run on your present hub as an interim measure. Mavic Aksium one are cheap wheels and 11 speed compatable

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simondbarnes

Oh, m8000 would be no good for 11spd Road.

jonk
    Free Member

Shimano CX75 are around £70. I’m running pro 2 Evo 40T on my CX bike but they are not center lock. Other options are DT Swiss – 350 hubs are not too expensive.

beagle
    Free Member

32 hole Simon? I’d rather not have a rim change too!!

simondbarnes

Yes, it was. About £60 iirc. Not centerline but rotors are cheap.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Novatec for me too-I ran a set all last season & finally killed the bearings after 17 races & jet washed after every one.
    I’ve ordered a set of the CXD wheels for my 2nd bike yesterday with the same hubs.

jameso

The Halo Spin Doctor 6D is worth looking at. Got one, had it apart after a lot of miles, impressed. Will be buying another before long. Ison’s back-up is great.

Daffy

If you have access to a lathe, the M785 can be machined down at the inner flange by 1.8mm to accept an 11sp road cassette.

I did this, rather nervously I might add, to a Chris King ISO hub…

beagle
    Free Member

Cheers all. Very much appreciated.

I’ve gone for a pair (!!) of novatech with centrelock (purely to use freeza rotor. Sad I know).

Any pics of your bike Simon? Didn’t u have rs685?

simondbarnes

Any pics of your bike Simon? Didn’t u have rs685?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/s1rU99]Refreshed with Shimano hydraulic disc brakes & 11spd :-)[/url] by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Yup, 685s (well some prototype ones anyway!)

beagle
    Free Member

Very nice!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘CX Hub advice. 10/11 speed compatibility’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts