Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CX help please… Kinesis Crosslight build kits??
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Just seen Kinesis Crosslight build kits on CRC for £350
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/kinesis-crosslight-build-kit-2/rp-prod44052

Then throwing this lot on a Kinesis cross light 5T frame £215.99
    http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/25969/Kinesis_CrossLight_FiveT_2012_Frame_K_CL5T_54_B?gclid=CITi8sH4y7kCFQTHtAodXUMA6w

Then i just would need some forks and hopefully have a nice shiny Kinesis Crosslight 5T for under £650

I know very little about cross bikes but looked about the best way of getting a decent built new bike for my £600ish budget

cloudnine
    Free Member

Jamie.. thanks for the forks links…. err which are the best ones as i havent really much of a clue?
    Is it worth getting carbon?

What do you think of the build kit for the money??
    Seems ok for an entryish level cx bike, and if i can pull in a brand new Kinesis 5T for around £600 id be pretty happy

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just been reading another thread about sizing and Im 168cm ish tall… (5ft 5″ and a bit) but would a 51cm be the right frame size?

eskay

I have a 5T (paid a grand for it so your route seems a bargain! ).

I love it, very comfortable bike to ride and great fun.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just been reading another thread about sizing and Im 168cm ish tall… (5ft 5″ and a bit) but would a 51cm be the right frame size?

The geo/sizing chart seems to think you’ll be ok but aware:

dobo
    Free Member

that cx build kit seems like a good price, think it be hard to beat value wise unless you go 2nd hand. if you go 2nd hand you will probably get better kit but cost a bit more.
    unless my eyes deceive me the kit doesnt come with pedals though which are personal taste.
    5T is a good frame

eskay

Sizing guide for me suggested 57 or 60 but a 60 would have been too tall (I am 6 ft).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CX help please… Kinesis Crosslight build kits??’ is closed to new replies.