Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • CX, gravel, winter bike, Gulf-inspired
  • Sven

Inspired by some 70s racing car, but not as nice as Baum’s version, I gave my CX bike a new lease of life. Frame is by Kinesis with one of those cheap Mosso forks; 8 speed, Syntace stem, used Thomson post, 105 cranks with a non-oval Rotor 39 chainring, On-one Midge bars and Charge spoon saddle, Tektro levers for BB7 and froglegs, wheels are built by myself with a cheap but cheerful Deore front hub and a Shimano XT Parallax (!) rear-hub that I re-space to 130mm, both with grease nipples added and on rims that are very old. Oh, and my first pair of Shimano SPDs ca. 1994 which make up half the weight of the bike. The only new parts are the rather posh Lizard Skins tape, inners and outers, chain, cassette, and rotor.
    Should keep winter riding a bit more varied, which is a good thing.
    Sven

firestarter
    Free Member

Nice

Gulf Blue and orange you say (has different pedals now and I still can’t find orange ss chainring bolts) puncture fixed too 😉

Sven

I saw your Kona previously (and in the pub bike thread right now), lovely classic; I would have liked to go for a lighter blue, but that was the blue used for the Tour of Yorkshire (apparently), so the powdercoater had plenty left…

qwerty
    Free Member

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘CX, gravel, winter bike, Gulf-inspired’ is closed to new replies.