Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • CX disc groupset question
  • selaciosa
    Free Member

Sorry, because I have a feeling this may have been covered before but I’m struggling to find what I need.

I’m after going 1x on my Cotic Escapade whilst at the same time updating from my cable discs to hydros. What’s the best value, low faff (i.e. full groupset) option for me to go to?

ampthill

Good question. Looked at this myself last week but drew a blanc

Part of the problem is that with SRAM there are reason why you might want to mix MTB and road parts

selaciosa
    Free Member

If there’s not one easy option I can click buy on, what’s the best mix and match alternative? I really don’t have a clue when it comes to drop bars

jkomo

Halfords have a full hydro 1×11 bike, rival I think.
    At £800, if you can be arsed to split it, it would make a decent donor.

dragon
    Free Member

I suspect there isn’t anything off the shelf that is good value in 1x. I’d just get the Shimano 105 and stick with the double. Or you’ll have to buy as sperate parts to get it down to a sensible price.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Keep in mind the Halfords bike (Boardman CX Team, IIRC) has a BB30 bottom bracket, so if you wanted to use it as a donor, that might make it not quite such a good idea if your frame didn’t.

As you might have guessed ~ I’m also struggling to find a decent hydro 1x groupset deal! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘CX disc groupset question’ is closed to new replies.